Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Sketchy Gun Shipment from Seller - Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    We (07 FFL/SOT) ship pistols and NFA overnight by UPS or FedEx or USPS priority. Long Guns typically go UPS ground. All labels are created and purchased through PirateShip.com. If we miss the UPS guy due to him dropping off earlier than we are ready to ship it out then we can drop off at the hub a several blocks away...since it already has a label on it all I have to do is hand it to the counter people, no questions ever get asked. Pirate ship is great for us becuase it is typically much cheaper and it will email the recipiant their tracking info so we do not have to deal with that.
    I thought PirateShip.com prohibited sending firearms even for licensed dealers?

Site Supporter
    It may not even be your seller. UPS' website says you have to have a contract to use Slowpost, so maybe it was someone in the mailroom at work. I don't suppose he told them what was in it, so they wouldn't know any better.

I've never worked anywhere that lets you ship on the company dime as a perk, so I'm just spitballing here.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    I thought PirateShip.com prohibited sending firearms even for licensed dealers?
    Nothing I've found in their terms of use indicates anything other than standard USPS, FEX EX or UPS regs...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Nothing I've found in their terms of use indicates anything other than standard USPS, FEX EX or UPS regs...
    https://support.pirateship.com/en/ar...ohibited-items
    I know of a few dealers that reached out to Pirate Ship and were told that there are no exceptions for dealers.

https://support.pirateship.com/en/ar...ohibited-items
    I know of a few dealers that reached out to Pirate Ship and were told that there are no exceptions for dealers.
    ya know what, not worth my time.

You continue being right buddy, I get the feeling that it's important to you somehow.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

It's not that at all, we have it at my work and if there is something I'm missing I'd love to send guns out through them.

It's not that at all, we have it at my work and if there is something I'm missing I'd love to send guns out through them.
    In that case....

We are working off the assumptions.... ( I know...) of the following-

1. We are a 07 FFL/SOT and have agreements in place with the shipping companies already.
    2. Our delivery guys drop off and take the packages from us with no issues, while knowing that we are shipping guns, with pirate ship printed labels on them.
    3. There is no way for Pirate Ship to know what is in our packages, not that we are hiding it, just that there is no way for them to know.
    4. The Pirate Ship website standard boiler plate is that they do not ship anything hazardous, and then point to the UPS website for clarification. UPS does not have any issue shipping our stuff for us since we are a FFL. They also accept our packages at the local Hub with Pirate ship printed tags on them. Maybe the they shouldn't be, but they have been for several years now.

Thusly, I must conclude that we are goodish to go. I would assume that they would not take our packages coming from one gun store and going to another gun store across state lines repeatedly if it were not acceptable to them. I also don't expect them to spell it out clearly either, simply because that gives them wriggle room if they ever decide to change their minds about it. I can see where the part about through third party resellers is problematic, yet I think we haven't had a issue due to the direct drop offs and pickups by UPS and USPS drivers.

For now we are shipping this way and have not run into any issues. We may be assuming more risk than we should, and we simply haven't been called out for it by the shipping companies yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanDeleon View Post
    It's important to be vigilant and reach out to the right people at the right time. If there are suspicions or inconsistencies with the law, it is important to seek help from competent persons, such as lawyers or the police, to protect your rights and prevent possible problems.
    ChatGPT has entered the forum, ya'll.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by RohanDeleon View Post
    It's important to be vigilant and reach out to the right people at the right time. If there are suspicions or inconsistencies with the law, it is important to seek help from competent persons, such as lawyers or the police, to protect your rights and prevent possible problems.
    My first thought when I read this was, "this is an AI-generated response." 😁 I may be getting paranoid.🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ChatGPT has entered the forum, ya'll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    My first thought when I read this was, "this is an AI-generated response." 😁 I may be getting paranoid.🤔
    A spambot warming up its pipes, that’s all.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List