Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fun 40S&W Pistol

I'm a great fan of the Smith 2.0.

It really doesn't care what you feed it, but it's exquisite with 180 grainers.

As to recoil, I'm not seeing much of a difference, even in one handed shooting. My wife is sudden death with her 9mm, but she can handle the .40 with only a slight increase in split times.

Site Supporter
    Did glock decide to support the 40 cal barrels at the 6 o clock position with the gen 5?

Lots of great options but another vote for the USP 40. One of my most accurate shooters.

I picked up a complete slide for my CZ 75 in .40 and find it "fun-ish." Installed on my SP-01 Tactical it's actually pleasant. Size and weight are your friend in .40 caliber.

Site Supporter
    When we traded in our .40 SIG 226 and 239's in for the FNS-9, I took the opportunity to fire some rounds through one of the 239's with Hogue (?) rubber grips. While I'd carried a 9mm 239 with standard grips as a back-up in our 9mm days, I really liked the .40.

Fun 40S&W Pistol

Today was range day. I decided what was most “fun” for me was a pistol that I shot instinctively well at speed. Steel plates at 30+ yards was the test (8” and two 10”). I took out my 9mm pistols that have 40s&w counterparts. In order, I shot these best:

M&P 2.0 5”
    Gen5 G34
    Tie- 92G Elite Centurion w/SRO + M&P 2.0 4.25” w/rmr
    PX4
    HK P30 LEM

A few things hit me. I shoot iron sight 5” guns best, even that hinged weird trigger m&p, and am not as accurate with my PX4 as I thought. And I really need to practice more with my red dot guns. They should have been at the top of the list.

I am getting the M&P 2.0 5” in 40s&w.
    Thanks for all the interesting and insightful suggestions!

Red face

I recommend a M&P 2.0 5” in .40 S&W.

I have one and it has been a pleasure to shoot, even with hotter .40 handloads.

I also have a .40-to-9 conversion barrel for it, and a simple barrel swap plus 9mm magazine gives me a reliable and accurate 9mm pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker View Post
    Today was range day. I decided what was most “fun” for me was a pistol that I shot instinctively well at speed. Steel plates at 30+ yards was the test (8” and two 10”). I took out my 9mm pistols that have 40s&w counterparts. In order, I shot these best:

M&P 2.0 5”
    Gen5 G34
    Tie- 92G Elite Centurion w/SRO + M&P 2.0 4.25” w/rmr
    PX4
    HK P30 LEM

A few things hit me. I shoot iron sight 5” guns best, even that hinged weird trigger m&p, and am not as accurate with my PX4 as I thought. And I really need to practice more with my red dot guns. They should have been at the top of the list.

I am getting the M&P 2.0 5” in 40s&w.
    Thanks for all the interesting and insightful suggestions!
    Good decision!

The hinged M&P trigger doesn’t bother me, but installing an Apex Tactical trigger is a major upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    When we traded in our .40 SIG 226 and 239's in for the FNS-9, I took the opportunity to fire some rounds through one of the 239's with Hogue (?) rubber grips. While I'd carried a 9mm 239 with standard grips as a back-up in our 9mm days, I really liked the .40.
    I have a .40 239 SAS with a set of Nill's on it for when I want AIWB. Great little shooter!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Around me 40 was non-existent. Only reason 40 was still around for sandy hook was because no one used it. I assume ammo manufactures have adjusted production accordingly.

User Tag List