Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Germany to Ban Dachshunds?

Ban the Dachshunds and the next thing you know, Germany will be over-run with badgers.

Our short hair miniature is about to turn 16...zero history of any orthopedic issues despite recklessly jumping off of couches, beds, etc (though not in the last few years).

Before she lost most of her vision and hearing, she was a barker but otherwise not really an asshole. Friendly for the most part. My parents have a pair of larger dachshunds (16-18 pounds) that are incredibly friendly though very, uh, energetic as well.

Germany has no idea how versatile these dogs are.
    Maybe they could be of use in Baltimore.

Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

My friend’s brother married into a crazy dachshund family. The wife had two, and the mother in law (who moved in with them) had 3 or 4. These little fuckers ran the house like a gang of hoodlums. They were never fully house trained, bit everyone randomly and especially kids. The most awesome part of the story was when they decided to escape by digging through a wall into the garage. Poor guy just put up with it for reasons I’ll never understand.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-29-2024 at 01:00 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Our neighbor in TX had a female dachshund. On the other side of our backyard fence was woods. They were frequented by coyotes. For some reason, the neighbors just let the dog roam the yard while they were at work. So a coyote comes sniffing around their back fence. For some reason only know to the dog, she digs under the fence to confront the coyote. The dog is bitten up. My wife sees this from the second story window. The dog gets back under the fence. The coyote goes away - wife calls Animal control who come and rescue the dog - take to the vet. She recovers. The neighbors thank us.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by baddean View Post
    Germany has no idea how versatile these dogs are.
    Maybe they could be of use in Baltimore.

Crusoe and Oakley the best!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List