Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live Free Armory Apollo 11. The Eagle Has Landed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have the gun back. The safety issue has been fixed. Now I can see how well it might work.

Per my request, LFA replaced the 5".top end with a 4.15" one. The gun feels way better balanced now.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    @Tokarev

How did you get them to replace the upper? What did it cost?

I just picked up a second full-size in a trade… debating what to do with it now. Short list is replace the grip with another Prodigy one and blend a new grip safety. Likely a new thumb safety, but this one is actually installed correctly, so, not sure I will or not yet. But that 4.15 upper would be a nice thing to get from them…. Hmm….

Quote Originally Posted by seand1111 View Post
    @Tokarev

How did you get them to replace the upper? What did it cost?

I just picked up a second full-size in a trade… debating what to do with it now. Short list is replace the grip with another Prodigy one and blend a new grip safety. Likely a new thumb safety, but this one is actually installed correctly, so, not sure I will or not yet. But that 4.15 upper would be a nice thing to get from them…. Hmm….
    I don't want to speak for LFA. I suggest you contact them directly to see if your gun can be converted.

Aaron Cowan has completed his 2,000 round review.

He still had issues with some mags not dropping free.

The safety got stiffer and harder to operate as the review went on.

He says he didn't have any reliability issues.

The gun kept zero (Holosun EPS mounted) through the four drops but now the hammer follows the slide when the trigger is rearward.

He says the gun is generally okay but he'd probably go with a MAC as the basement level 1911 hicap.

User Tag List