Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is more concealable, Glock 26 or 43x?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I actually found a Glock 22 or 1911 much more concealable than the G27 and the G27 got traded away.

The larger gun (and holsters) distribute weight more evenly and create less pressure points and actually conceal better on most people.
    That sounds like an issue of comfort more than concealment. The G27 is a G22 with a whole bunch of material chopped off both ends. It stands to reason that it will conceal better on anyone except those born with a G22-sized alcove somewhere on their body. Claiming the contrary is a little bit like saying that a Lincoln Town Car limo is easier to hide than a 4-door Town Car.

For context, the G22 and G27 have been my EDC pistols at different times, for several years each.

G19 and G26 remain my go to guns . BUT having had excellent results with the G48, invluding many females who preferred carrying it vs G26. They also prefered the G48 over the G43x in terms of the way it shot. I feel the same. Hilton Yam posted some results of the G43x bs 48 over the timer which was interesting. Though i carry the G26 and 19 nore, I like the way the slimlines carry though, wont be getting rid of my G48 anytime soon.

Another thought that constantly pops up with me - what is the mission or role of the potential replacement? If you want something that's VERY concealable, you're unlikely to get anything that's VERY shootable. I constantly find myself trying to make my standard P365 do things that are way outside it's intended operational box - like shooting 100 yard steel standing off hand. That's hard enough for me to do with a dot-equipped 2011 nowadays, so the fact that I can get 5 or 6 out of 10 on the IPSC steel at 100 with a truly pocketable iron sighted pistol should make me happy, not sad that I missed 4 or 5.

If you want a gun that shoots like a full-size "carry" pistol, you need to really look at the G26, or P365XL/Macro - the G43X isn't likely to do that for you any more than the current P365 does. If you want a 9mm that fits in shorts pockets, the G43X isn't going to make you happy, and the G26 is CHONKY for that role.

And, out of left field, the Shield Plus is larger than the 365, smaller than the G43X, with the same capacity. I find its grip to be exceptional, and if it was a tiny bit smaller (small enough to fit in my cargo shorts pockets), I'd go with that option in a microsecond.

Just things to keep in mind as you go through your decision process.

User Tag List