Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who is your favorite coated bullet supplier or maker?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I noticed Brass Monkey (cue Beastie Boys earworm) doesn’t have anything for .38. Would the 160gr round nose 9mm be suitable with 158gr round nose load data?
    Maybe. Bullets for 9x19 are typically sized .356 while the typical sizing for .38/.357 is .358. Using undersized bullets usually causes leading, though I'm not sure whether the coating would mitigate that, and would require a 9x19 expander. Also, when I tried using standard 230-grain coated RNLs for my .45 ACP revolver loads, normal recoil turned that gun into a kinetic bullet puller. I haven't tried taper crimping coated bullets in a .38 revolver - that 160-grain bullet doesn't have a crimp groove - but based on my experience in .45 ACP, I would view that as a last resort choice. Those bullets have worked well in .38 Special when not coated and sized .358, and several places offer them sized correctly and coated, so my concerns about the coating, in this case, may be overblown.

Bottom line, if Brass Monkey doesn't have any .38 offerings, go somewhere that does.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Bottom line, if Brass Monkey doesn't have any .38 offerings, go somewhere that does.
    Thanks, that’s Plan A but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t passing up something useful.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I recently loaded 500 of Missouri Bullet Company's K-Ball .452 coated bullets. Weight was between about 233 and 238 grains for the 10 I weighed. All seemed nicely formed and I didn't notice any with rounded off bases, big squiggly casting flaws, etc.

I like the MBW 230 coated better but I'll use the K-Ball again next time I find them for 11 cents or so.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

I just received my order of .32 100 gr RNFP bullets (sized .313) from Slipperybullets yesterday. They look great and I plan to load some this afternoon in .32 H&R.
    Free shipping (price included or whatever...nothing is "free") on purchase of 1000. But, only $60.00/1000

It took about 4 weeks but Dave Levesque (the owner of Slipperybullets) was good enough to email me a head's up about the delay when I initially placed the order.

FWIW they use a Wordpress format for their site, and being an old technotard, it challenged me a bit...

User Tag List