Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: District Judge rules an illegal alien has the right to possess firearms

It’s been a while since I read the Bruen decision and even longer since I’ve read Heller. I remember SCOTUS defined “keep,” “bear,” and “arms.” I know they haven’t defined “infringed” yet but I can’t remember if they’ve defined “the people.” I know there’s at least one case the court has heard this term in which the two sides are arguing over who “the people” are and whether or not they have to be law-abiding, upright, moral, etc people. Every other amendment in the Bill of Rights that covers an individual right (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) applies to people who aren’t necessarily law-abiding.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I wonder how that same judge in Illinois would rule on me, a legal citizen, having an AR15 for the same reasons even though PICA now says that’s illegal. The 7th circuit slapped down the injunction on that pretty fast if I recall.

I have a feeling I already know.
    Yeah, I expect I do too.

But I do genuinely wonder what the result of said case would be if the person in question had an AR vs a handgun? That could have made a big shift in firearms policy in Illinois.

Something tells me this case was chosen. Curated even, so that it was a handgun or some such instead of an AR or AK.

Because knowing Little Village, I would bet there are more than a few people there illegally that have been caught with even wilder stuff than even an AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Do they have the right of free speech, such that they could be banned from sending an OP-ED to the newspapers?
    How about the right to vote? Democrats love counting illegals for apportionment, but they don't actually want them voting their pro life values...

Seems to me allowing illegal immigrants the right to bear arms would invite armed invasion...

Site Supporter
    Voting seems a different aspect as it seems to be assumed to accrue to a citizen as compared to other basic rights. I think that's a red herring. While some folks have suggested voting rights for non citizens, it's a non issue except for Internet or faculty lounge BS.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Voting seems a different aspect as it seems to be assumed to accrue to a citizen as compared to other basic rights. I think that's a red herring. While some folks have suggested voting rights for non citizens, it's a non issue except for Internet or faculty lounge BS.
    They don’t need to let them vote. They just need for them to be counted as residents so the liberal shit holes keep their same (or more) numbers of delegates and representatives. The empty headed liberal dipshit voters that already live there will do the rest for them.

Site Supporter
    That's a good point. Voting is for citizens as is representation. Join the Mobile Infantry but get sick with a bug on Klendathu invasion day. 300,000 dead!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

And this comes on the heels of of the conviction of a man who plotted to assassinate Pres. Bush by using killers brought in through Mexico, i.e. "illegal immigrants." So, there you go.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/iraqi-imm...president-docs

Do they have the right of free speech, such that they could be banned from sending an OP-ED to the newspapers?

The global point is that our parties, trying for advantage in elections, are unable to actually deal with immigration. Two of my grandparents would be classified as illegals nowadays. I taught some 'illegals' who were as bright as any of our native born, Anglo kids.

Again, the point being the extreme zealots of both parties (of whom we have no choice but to accept their candidates) are unable to come to a reasonable solution for immigration.

Bah.
    unable to come to a reasonable solution for immigration.

That's a much bigger problem than illegals owning firearms. Illegals are killing people in the US with automobiles, etc. They shouldn't be here, but nobody in congress wants to deal with the issue. I'm afraid that this will become common and most will just accept it over time. The problem seems to be too big for congress to resolve.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Maybe im out of touch or off base but what is the incentive to become a legal citizen if your just handed the rights of a citizen for making it across the border?

Also, Congress needs to come up with reasonable legislation on immigration and processes that move in real time. Given the limited intellect in both parties, I doubt it.
    If a politician can get money, votes, and power to solve a particular problem, they will have little to no incentive to solve that problem.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List