Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Chicago suing Glock

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    There’s plenty of bodycam footage of officers being shot at by converted Glocks and there’s plenty of doorbell camera footage of people using them during drive-bys. Plenty of reports of people in big cities going out at night on holidays and letting loose a burst into the sky the same way people fire off AKs in the air in the Middle East.
    Respectfully, my statement wasn't about usage of them… it was about the litigants bringing suits against a gun manufacturer without any examples or stats in any of the letters/statements I’ve seen.

Either way… the more important issue is IL/States/Washington DC attempting to hold Glock responsible for the *possibility* that their 40 year old firearm design allows current criminals to modify them into full auto. It’s another threat/avenue against the armed citizen.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Uhhh..

These things are prolific. There's literally too many examples to post. Not only are they taken off criminals everyday, cops are routinely involved in shootings with criminals armed with them.

Here's a good example to make the point:

Yes, that officer is dead.
    I appreciate the link. But please see my response above.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    I haven’t seen any examples as of yet. That might be important for their lawsuits.
    http://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr/...ck-switch-case

" . . . manufactured and sold thousands of machinegun conversion devices – small, 3D-printed gadgets . . ."

-------------------

"Switches" were a smaller problem, when it was just metal versions, made overseas, and illegally imported. Those are still a problem, but now any idiot with a 3D printer can crank these out quickly, and easily. Now, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a gangster with a "switch," and/or selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    http://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr/...ck-switch-case

" . . . manufactured and sold thousands of machinegun conversion devices – small, 3D-printed gadgets . . ."

-------------------

"Switches" were a smaller problem, when it was just metal versions, made overseas, and illegally imported. Those are still a problem, but now any idiot with a 3D printer can crank these out quickly, and easily. Now, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a gangster with a "switch," and/or selling them.
    Thanks for the link. I can see how I wasn’t quite clear in my post. actually, later today I found this link or a similar one trying to find details in the lawsuit/AG letters for sighted examples.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Uhhh..

These things are prolific. There's literally too many examples to post. Not only are they taken off criminals everyday, cops are routinely involved in shootings with criminals armed with them.

Here's a good example to make the point:

Yes, that officer is dead.
    They are prolific. A guy I shoot with is in the BWC of the SWAT /Barricade portion at the end of this video - another Houston incident with auto switches. 3 officers were wounded but thankfully none died.

I’ve been involved in a couple cases where we’ve seized Glocks or Glock clones with switches.

Fun fact - it’s not uncommon to blow out the extractor when mag dumping with switches so if you stumble across a Glock with a blown out extractor……

There’s a viral photo out of Texas of a Glock 23 with a switch which was pawned, never redeemed, and then put out for sale by the pawnshop with a switch installed. My understanding is it ATF wound up seizing it.

A clever lawyer could go to the BLM and offer to represent them in a case against Chicago for authorizing the use of easily converted-to-auto firearms against blacks.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Are the people getting caught with switches getting the 10 year sentences? That would be a little bit of a silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Are the people getting caught with switches getting the 10 year sentences? That would be a little bit of a silver lining.
    I have heard of a few Federal prosecutions out of Minneapolis; the Feds take over from city/county because Minneapolis/Hennepin County don't often prosecute firearms violations against favored minority members.
    Ramsey County/St Paul is similar. I think It's nuts, but apparently I don't have the same marching orders as they do.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I have heard of a few Federal prosecutions out of Minneapolis; the Feds take over from city/county because Minneapolis/Hennepin County don't often prosecute firearms violations against favored minority members.
    Ramsey County/St Paul is similar. I think It's nuts, but apparently I don't have the same marching orders as they do.
    Reminds me: we haven’t had a state of the twin cities update in a while. Has the evening automatic weapon fire mellowed out a bit? Do you still have a PD? Enquiring minds want to know, as you can find time.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Respectfully, my statement wasn't about usage of them… it was about the litigants bringing suits against a gun manufacturer without any examples or stats in any of the letters/statements I’ve seen.

Either way… the more important issue is IL/States/Washington DC attempting to hold Glock responsible for the *possibility* that their 40 year old firearm design allows current criminals to modify them into full auto. It’s another threat/avenue against the armed citizen.
    The trick about illegal conversion of firearms isn't making them run real fast, it's making them stop running when you want. I worked for a SOT dealer/manufacturer for awhile and we had Hi Powers, 1911's and some common rifles that were in-house experimental pieces. The owner had an even dozen patents for firearms related things and was a wealth of knowledge on military arms and machining. The last LE training I went to was sponsored by the BATFE and they had examples of different guns; the 3D printers used to make suppressors and parts along with other methods for illegal conversions. They had a $169.00 printer creating a drop in part to convert AR's running while giving the presentation.

The whole Chicago effort displays the mentality wherein we should be suing spoon & fork manufactures for the obesity epidemic and vehicle manufactures for making them easy to use as getaway vehicles. I agree it's not a crime thing, it's an Agenda thing.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List