Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W 327 9mm JM PC

S&W 327 9mm JM PC

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...ecord-revolver

Super cool gun though $3499 seems a bit high. A TRR8 is $1500 bucks. $350 for tk to do a 9mm conversion, an apex or REVup kit adds another $200 to $250. Then a 507 comp and plate for $400 still gets you there with a couple cases of ammo to spare. But it sure does look great.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

Super cool gun though $3499 seems a bit high. A TRR8 is $1500 bucks. $350 for tk to do a 9mm conversion, an apex or REVup kit adds another $200 to $250. Then a 507 comp and plate for $400 still gets you there with a couple cases of ammo to spare. But it sure does look great.
    Odd that they classify it as a medium frame.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter

$3,499 IS a bit high--UNLESS it's the ACTUAL gun Scary Jerry used to set the Record--Unlikely, I know...

Site Supporter

That's a Vortex Defender (DPP footprint) - likely because JM shoots for Vortex.

Though it's apparently an 8 MOA version (VORTEX COMPDOT™ 8MOA) which is new. The Defender was previously released only with 3 and 6 MOA dots.

More interesting is:

C.O.R.E. Optic-plate system - New C.O.R.E.™ system for revolvers that allow you to mount a wide range of red dot optics available on the market.

So does this CORE system use the same plates as M&P pistols ?
    Last edited by HCM; 05-16-2024 at 04:27 PM.

It would be a nice for steel challenge. I don't know what else an ultralight 9mm N frame would really be good for, and that price is insane.

It’s a limited run, 1,880 of them to celebrate his 1.88 plate record, so one of the objectives is to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So does this CORE system use the same plates as M&P pistols ?
    It does appear to be double stacked plates. I think if rather have an alchin or d&l etc to get them a bit lower. Maybe a minor difference but they're high enough that every bit helps. Plus plates to plates is another screw to get loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Odd that they classify it as a medium frame.
    Had to be a typo, as they list as an n frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    $3,499 IS a bit high--UNLESS it's the ACTUAL gun Scary Jerry used to set the Record--Unlikely, I know...
    "Only" $2,999 if you pre-order at KY Gun Co.--Think I'll wait until they're on Clearance at CDNN...

https://www.kygunco.com/product/smit...%20Model%20327

It does appear to be double stacked plates. I think if rather have an alchin or d&l etc to get them a bit lower. Maybe a minor difference but they're high enough that every bit helps. Plus plates to plates is another screw to get loose.
    Yeah that looks way taller than the existing EGW, Alchin, and JP mounts. I highly doubt they changed the adjustable sight footprint, so I'm not sure what benefit this has other than it's "factory".

User Tag List