Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly United.

I was on a United flight many years ago, always just booked United because they had the most available flights from SeaTac. Somewhere, ICR exactly, the capt. comes on and says they need to replace a tire. Well, that turned into an hour with a fully loaded aircraft before takeoff. I'm thinking to myself that they're doing maintenance on aircraft that are in service. I was aviation MOS in the Navy. That absolutely would not happen then in the military, but I guess commercial is different these days.

This is your captain speaking. Nobody panic, we just need to replace a wheel we lost on takeoff. It's nothing. Would you believe we lost a door the other day? Nobody died. Just pretend you're in combat. Everyone gets 1000 frequent flyer miles today. Cheer up.

United. We'll make you're day.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I cannot imagine the energy in that tire/wheel combo as it came down. Thems big tires and probably launched at 160+ knots.
    Smashed the shit out of that car. Bombs away.

Site Supporter
    I was gonna say, “Nah, United breaks (expensive) guitars,” but dropping aircraft wheels on cars trumps that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I was gonna say, “Nah, United breaks (expensive) guitars,” but dropping aircraft wheels on cars trumps that.
    That's why we have insurance and attorneys who will make sure your lose is agreeable. United has deep pockets.

Short discussion of the wheel incident that shows the video that captured the wheel departure. Juan Browne does excellent videos discussing aviation accidents of all types from light to air transport aircraft. He's a commercial pilot; looks like he might be overseas based on the video background. He was all over the recent door departure debacle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmjmDyYfQQ

https://thehill.com/regulation/trans...raulics-issue/

Bravo. Get it down ASAP. 2 redundant systems but a failure. Not a bad plan.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Short discussion of the wheel incident that shows the video that captured the wheel departure. Juan Browne does excellent videos discussing aviation accidents of all types from light to air transport aircraft. He's a commercial pilot; looks like he might be overseas based on the video background. He was all over the recent door departure debacle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmjmDyYfQQ

Juan Browne flies a heavy for a US based cargo carrier. He generally does a pretty good job with his vids.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/trans...raulics-issue/

Bravo. Get it down ASAP. 2 redundant systems but a failure. Not a bad plan.
    Stuff happens. Every. Single. Day. It’s just that the lame, brain dead, looking for clicks media is on the Boeing/airline/danger will robinson bandwagon.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Stuff happens. Every. Single. Day. It’s just that the lame, brain dead, looking for clicks media is on the Boeing/airline/danger will robinson bandwagon.
    And, as we both know - we are all just one bad day from making the news cycle……

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    And, as we both know - we are all just one bad day from making the news cycle……
    "Anybody can do the job when things go right. In this business, we play for keeps."
    Earnest K Gann

User Tag List