Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 sized options

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    P30 is a great option but it is enough longer that it prints on my 5' 9" frame.
    If your hands aren't huge, check out a P-07. Everyone who's shot my Prograde P07s has liked them a lot. Except people with big hands.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-06-2024 at 11:01 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    P30 is closer to a G45 than a 19 in actual size, but since the grip is more curved it conceals as well as a G19.

I do agree that it has a better hand fit than a 19, but the rounded "ergonomic" grip actually made it harder for me to index from a draw. The 2x4 Glock certainly doesn't feel as good in my hand, but it is easier for me to get a consistent grip.
    I also found this to be true. The p30 feels inconsistent out of the holster, for me. P2000 seems to be the best option but LTT does not currently mill them and wright armory charges north of 400 for their plate system. Which isn't a huge deal if that's what you are going with for the long term.

I also found this to be true. The p30 feels inconsistent out of the holster, for me. P2000 seems to be the best option but LTT does not currently mill them and wright armory charges north of 400 for their plate system. Which isn't a huge deal if that's what you are going with for the long term.
    If I needed an optic ready gun today and it couldn't be a Gen 5 Glock 19 with an SCD... I'd pick a Glock 49 with an SCD.

I've tried a P-07 and just didn't care for it. Partly because it felt a little cheap and I didn't like the controls, but I also don't really love DA/SA. I've shot a LTT PX4 and if I HAD to go with a DA/SA gun that would be my choice. I don't like that if you want a closed emitter RDS you are stuck with Holosun. You also get direct mill prices and wait times and still use a plate for mounting which I'd avoid for any optic that attaches with screws instead of a cross bolt clamp (I've had no issues with any of my FCD ACRO plates on my Glocks).

Sig 229, Beretta 92compact

What about something like the Macro or Hellcat Pro. Both come with safeties along with 15 (hellcat) and 17 round mags

Cheapest option would be to just cut your P2000

If you want a true G19 sized pistol in the criteria you mentioned I think you're looking at a CZ (P-07, PCR, or P01) for DA/SA or for striker a S&W M&P 2.0 OR Compact with thumb safety.

The P365 XMacro isn't a bad choice either, but I find I don't shoot them quite as well as a "normal" width gun. Even with the "L" backstrap insert I just don't think there is much meat there.

Incidentally, I have found I shoot the M&P Compact (especially the newest variation) better than a G19 in factory configuration, as have quite a few others (Frank Proctor of notable folks) and am able to ride the thumb safety similar to a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If your hands aren't huge, check out a P-07. Everyone who's shot my Prograde P07s has liked them a lot. Except people with big hands.
    Besides trying out the mp 2.0 that was next on the list. I like how low the dot can be milled and also the fact that it's hammer fired. Not sold on getting non oem parts if I don't have to. The older I get, the less I want to mess with guns I carry.

I'm not against it but that's why I've wanted to try other options than the p2000 because to get them where I want them it would be :red dot milling, flat trigger, and short reset kit is almost another 600 dollars on top of the base gun. I'm not against that but for 600 dollars and a 65 dollar plate I can get a mp with thumb safety that works out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    If you want a true G19 sized pistol in the criteria you mentioned I think you're looking at a CZ (P-07, PCR, or P01) for DA/SA or for striker a S&W M&P 2.0 OR Compact with thumb safety.

The P365 XMacro isn't a bad choice either, but I find I don't shoot them quite as well as a "normal" width gun. Even with the "L" backstrap insert I just don't think there is much meat there.

Incidentally, I have found I shoot the M&P Compact (especially the newest variation) better than a G19 in factory configuration, as have quite a few others (Frank Proctor of notable folks) and am able to ride the thumb safety similar to a 1911.
    As someone who appreciates the "compact" size of hand guns I am really impressed by the MP and may end up staying with it, if it shoots well and I also fide the safety like a 1911. I have about 2k set aside for initial get to know you and I'm ordering another 8k to really shoot it.

...Not sold on getting non oem parts if I don't have to. The older I get, the less I want to mess with guns I carry.

...it would be :red dot milling, flat trigger, and short reset kit is almost another 600 dollars on top of the base gun.
    I forget exactly what each of my ProGrade P-07s cost, but it's over $1k total for sure. The ProGrade kit isn't a necessity. You can use almost entires OEM parts and bring the DA pull down to 7 or 8#.

I hate the flat trigger.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I forget exactly what each of my ProGrade P-07s cost, but it's over $1k total for sure. The ProGrade kit isn't a necessity. You can use almost entires OEM parts and bring the DA pull down to 7 or 8#.

I hate the flat trigger.
    I hate them on DA/SA. I'm Luke warm on the lem. It has a better break than the factory trigger on the p2000 but, time will tell.

I hate them on DA/SA. I'm Luke warm on the lem. It has a better break than the factory trigger on the p2000 but, time will tell.
    I don't like them on most guns. The factory flat trigger with a factory "Performance Center" or "PC" firing pin plunger is pretty darn nice on a M&P and a huge improvement over the hinged curved trigger.

User Tag List