Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If you knew you had to operate dominant hand only....

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Dammit, I love this place!!

I can think of nowhere else where folks can disagree without being disagreeable, can state their case without pontificating, and consider...and even support... an opposing viewpoint.
    Always food for thought or aome technique to help your decision. Really is one of the best places for sme advice/discussion.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Nah and I wasn't asking for me personally just the data you've accrued. The one pistol shooting I've had was with a 1911 and I had no problem personally with hitting the thumb safety. I do put quite a bit of time though into my weapons systems that I carry.
    Buddy of mine was in three, including one in a fight over a gun in a car. He carried a H&K lemon squeezer since he was carrying appendix/no-holster in his UC role. He never talked about his other two much, but that one we discussed after my thumb broken incident. He was also of the no safety mindset.

I've no doubt you can. I've no doubt some of the folks here can as well. I just see a lot of people who *think* they can but don't consider the situations they may be called upon to do so. I realize I may be one of those people and how would I know? So striker fired with SCD, TDA, or revolver for me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Buddy of mine was in three, including one in a fight over a gun in a car. He carried a H&K lemon squeezer since he was carrying appendix/no-holster in his UC role. He never talked about his other two much, but that one we discussed after my thumb broken incident. He was also of the no safety mindset.

I've no doubt you can. I've no doubt some of the folks here can as well. I just see a lot of people who *think* they can but don't consider the situations they may be called upon to do so. I realize I may be one of those people and how would I know? So striker fired with SCD, TDA, or revolver for me.
    What we experience plays a big part in what we worry about. I guess the tough part is when to let others experiences worry us.

The tough question is why a MS to begin with. Especially considering I have no problem with multiple other platforms that lack them (or one I'm comfortable using). I think it comes down to being fundamentally uncomfortable with one lever letting off a lethal projectile. I'm not comfortable with the platforms that do that, I'm just not willing to give up the benefits they bring.

I've seen you post this a number a times and a question I always have is if the concern is an inoperable thumb is a SCD going to help? I can operate a 365 XL MS without using my upper thumb joint easily but I can't do the same with a SCD. I suppose reholstering is the least of concerns in that moment.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    What we experience plays a big part in what we worry about. I guess the tough part is when to let others experiences worry us.

The tough question is why a MS to begin with. Especially considering I have no problem with multiple other platforms that lack them (or one I'm comfortable using). I think it comes down to being fundamentally uncomfortable with one lever letting off a lethal projectile. I'm not comfortable with the platforms that do that, I'm just not willing to give up the benefits they bring.

I've seen you post this a number a times and a question I always have is if the concern is an inoperable thumb is a SCD going to help? I can operate a 365 XL MS without using my upper thumb joint easily but I can't do the same with a SCD. I suppose reholstering is the least of concerns in that moment.
    Yup. An SCD is like a decocker. It's almost certainty not as urgent when it's time to use it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List