Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Archon Type-B: First Fifty

Site Supporter

I have 400+ rounds through my Archon, now

No issues.

I cleaned and lubed it after my 2/28 range trip. Put about 100 rounds through it. Didn't clean it or relube it, sat for 2 weeks... then 60+ rounds. Didn't clean or relube it, sat for another week... then 100+ rounds. Mix of 115 and 124 FMJ.

I realize PF is the land of the 2000-round challenge and that's not blowing anyone's mind. But I'd say it bodes well for the gun's reliability. I'll probably shoot one more time before I finish writing the review on my blog.

Overall, my shooting impressions haven't changed a whole lot in the past few hundred rounds. It offers a very direct, visceral shooting experience. Though, as @pangloss pointed out, the mag release does dig into your middle-finger tip on your strong hand. I'm finding I notice that a bit more, now. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it's mildly annoying. Hopefully they'll offer a more low profile button, at some point. So far, I have not had any of the "auto forward" slide release situations Pangloss encountered.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    No issues.

I cleaned and lubed it after my 2/28 range trip. Put about 100 rounds through it. Didn't clean it or relube it, sat for 2 weeks... then 60+ rounds. Didn't clean or relube it, sat for another week... then 100+ rounds. Mix of 115 and 124 FMJ.

I realize PF is the land of the 2000-round challenge and that's not blowing anyone's mind. But I'd say it bodes well for the gun's reliability. I'll probably shoot one more time before I finish writing the review on my blog.

Overall, my shooting impressions haven't changed a whole lot in the past few hundred rounds. It offers a very direct, visceral shooting experience. Though, as @pangloss pointed out, the mag release does dig into your middle-finger tip on your strong hand. I'm finding I notice that a bit more, now. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it's mildly annoying. Hopefully they'll offer a more low profile button, at some point. So far, I have not had any of the "auto forward" slide release situations Pangloss encountered.
    Thanks for the update! I'm at 850 rounds now, and I bought a AIWB holster from Tier 1. I've not cleaned of lubed the pistol since the first round fired. I've put 115, 124, and 147 grain ammo through mine, including a box of 147 HST and 124 +P Gold Dots. It'll be a little while before I get to 2000 rounds, but that's my plan at the moment. The mag release bothers me less than it did to begin with, but auto forwarding is still annoying. I still like the pistol but still can't shoot it as well as my Glocks. On days that I'm shooting well, I seem to shoot it very well. Tracking the sights seems easier than with my non-PX4 pistols. However, on days when I don't shoot well, shots will feel good when they break but not go where I meant them too. It's difficult for me to diagnose my problems on those days. Nevertheless, I have zero regrets about buying the pistol.

User Tag List