Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Taurus Is Making Guns in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    N-frame.

Despite their nomenclature as "medium frames" the Taurus 44 and 608 are similar in size to N-frames, allowing them to hold 6 rounds of 44 Mag or 8 rounds of 357 Mag
    Thanks! Compatible-ish with N frame support gear or are they they're own creatures in that regard?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks! Compatible-ish with N frame support gear or are they they're own creatures in that regard?
    Speedloaders for Model 29s will fit the 44.

The 608 is its own pattern for loaders

Bainbridge vs. Miami

Does anyone have any insight into the differences between the Bainbridge Taurus guns and the Miami ones? Considering a 692 but wondering if the place of manufacture has any bearing on the quality of the gun itself.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-6 View Post
    Does anyone have any insight into the differences between the Bainbridge Taurus guns and the Miami ones? Considering a 692 but wondering if the place of manufacture has any bearing on the quality of the gun itself.
    From my understanding, it's more likely you'll get a good gun if it's marked Bainbridge. Not that you can't get a decent Miami marked gun, but the switch to Georgia seemed to mark something of a sea change in the company's quality in a coincidental fashion (its when they got a CEO who actually cared about better quality guns, responded to the market demands, and did a lot of final assembly of parts in the US...which while not always a guarantee of high quality, is likely better than getting one put together by the local talent in Brazil.

In my experience, the 856 I have is awesome. It did eat firing pin return springs if you dry fired without snap caps though. So always use snap caps.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List