Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Is Making Guns in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    So, the 65 and 82 are equivalent to the K frame? Is the 66 equivalent to the L frame? The 608 an N frame?

How about the smaller frame series like 605 and 856? Obviously they are bigger than a J frame… are they sized between the J and K?

I’d like to see updated sights on the fixed sight models. Something like what S&W has done with the new Lipsey’s specials. A replaceable front sight on the 66 would be nice.

TK is cutting Taurus cylinders for moon clips.

Last, wish Taurus would broaden their offerings on Expert Voice.
    Here's a quick guide to understanding Taurus frame sizes:

605: J-frame sized. Takes the same loaders, fits the same holsters. Same is true for the 905 just in 9mm.
    856: Colt D-frame-ish sized, generally takes most K-frame speed loaders. Fits some J-frame holsters, fits almost all SP101 holsters/K6 holsters.
    65/82: Takes K-frame loaders but are closer to L-frame in external dimensions.
    66 7-shot: Takes 586/686+ loaders and fits similar holsters
    608: approximately N-frame sized, but has its own cylinder charge hole pattern

Trackers: Fits L-frame holsters, and generally takes the same loaders as equivalent caliber L-frames. My 692 tracker shares 7 shot loaders with the Taurus 66 and my 586 L-Comp.

Site Supporter
    @jetfire - Could you do a quick compare/contrast thing with the Tauruses (Tauri?) and new Rossis? I'm interested in either an 856 3" or an RP63 and they seem to fill the same niche. It looks like I could use my 3" K frame kydex (but not leather) holsters for the Rossi, which is what has me interested in it. It also looks like, though the RP63 has an interchangeable front sight, there are no options for replacement sights.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @jetfire - Could you do a quick compare/contrast thing with the Tauruses (Tauri?) and new Rossis? I'm interested in either an 856 3" or an RP63 and they seem to fill the same niche. It looks like I could use my 3" K frame kydex (but not leather) holsters for the Rossi, which is what has me interested in it. It also looks like, though the RP63 has an interchangeable front sight, there are no options for replacement sights.
    The Rossi front sight interchanges with the Taurus small frame front sights. A little bit of shared tech.

The RP63 will fit most K-ISH frame holsters, it's kind of hit and miss. Obviously, the big advantage over the 856 for the Rossi is that it's a 357

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The RP63 will fit most K-ISH frame holsters, it's kind of hit and miss. Obviously, the big advantage over the 856 for the Rossi is that it's a 357
    The RP63 is tickling some serious 1990s nostalgia for me.

Speaking of Rossi, there's a Cyclops on gunbroker. Don't see those often. I assume there's no plan to bring that one back. ...Though there is some demand. It appears there's a human being that can presumably pass a background check willing to pay an actual, thousand United States Dollars for it. Well, two technically. I must be deranged for thinking it's worth that. Hell, I've wanted one since I saw Hard Rain.

I'm half tempted to bid on it just to see what must be the two biggest dumbasses on gunbroker are willing to drive the price up to.

Here's a quick guide to understanding Taurus frame sizes:

605: J-frame sized. Takes the same loaders, fits the same holsters. Same is true for the 905 just in 9mm.
    856: Colt D-frame-ish sized, generally takes most K-frame speed loaders. Fits some J-frame holsters, fits almost all SP101 holsters/K6 holsters.
    65/82: Takes K-frame loaders but are closer to L-frame in external dimensions.
    66 7-shot: Takes 586/686+ loaders and fits similar holsters
    608: approximately N-frame sized, but has its own cylinder charge hole pattern

Trackers: Fits L-frame holsters, and generally takes the same loaders as equivalent caliber L-frames. My 692 tracker shares 7 shot loaders with the Taurus 66 and my 586 L-Comp.
    Thank you @jetfire

Speaking of Rossi, there's a Cyclops on gunbroker. Don't see those often.
    I didn't, of course, but other people did. Ladies and gentlemen, behold. A $1,300 Rossi revolver.

@jetfire, were any of those 10,006 rounds +P? How well do you think an 82 would hold up to a steady diet of +P?

Also, what are the two framed pieces hanging just behind your head? A S&W ad and a S&W revolver patent?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

@jetfire, were any of those 10,006 rounds +P? How well do you think an 82 would hold up to a steady diet of +P?

Also, what are the two framed pieces hanging just behind your head? A S&W ad and a S&W revolver patent?
    Many of them were +P. Buffalo Bore, Federal, Blazer and some others.

Top pic is a vintage Taurus ad, bottom one is a British Adams revolver diagram

Many of them were +P. Buffalo Bore, Federal, Blazer and some others.

Top pic is a vintage Taurus ad, bottom one is a British Adams revolver diagram
    Thanks!

An Adams! Damn it, how did I miss that?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Well, according to the retail BI data I've got, the 856 across all SKUs outsells the LCR across all SKUs. But people are less likely to post about their new Taurus online

now I can dual wield

User Tag List