Thread: FYI Target Sports USA now processing California orders

FYI Target Sports USA now processing California orders

TargetSportsUSA just updated their website to accept CA customers (without needing FFL to receive ammo) thanks to Judge Benitez's ruling yesterday. The CA DOJ is appealing and the 9th circuit usually grants stays of Judge Benitez rulings so this may only be another "freedom week." Order while you can...

This is big for me - most of my local FFLs wouldn't accept ammo shipments and the ones that did charged crazy handling fees like $100 per 1000rds (even on 22!)
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 02-01-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Site Supporter
    Botach was also accepting CA ammo orders. I hope you're able to buy a truckload!

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I hope you're able to buy a truckload!
    Thanks! I was able to justify a target sports membership with my order, but it looks like I won't get a chance to place a 2nd anytime soon:
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...t-18651691.php

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals – all appointed by Republican presidents – voted 2-1 Monday to grant state Attorney General Rob Bonta’s request for a stay...

“California’s life-saving ammunition laws will remain in effect as we continue to defend them in court,” the attorney general said in a statement Tuesday. “With the proliferation of self-assembled, fully functional, and unserialized ‘ghost guns,’ these ammunition laws serve as a backstop to the use of firearms by prohibited persons.

The appeals court’s brief order was issued by Judges Richard Clifton, appointed by President George H.W. Bush, and Holly Thomas, an appointee of President Donald Trump. They did not explain their reasoning. In dissent, Judge Consuelo Callahan, a Bush appointee, said she did not believe Bonta was likely to win his appeal of Benitez’s order, or that allowing the order to remain in effect would cause “irreparable injury.”
    I find it amusing that the state's best argument is an acknowledgement that gun control doesn't work.

Site Supporter
    I'm glad you were able to slip in before the window closed! One order is better than no order.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I find it amusing that the state's best argument is an acknowledgement that gun control doesn't work.
    Not to mention that a person who might go through the effort of making their own firearm might also choose to make their own ammo. I’m sure Bonta will soon realize he needs to keep California safe from “ghost ammo.”

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Not to mention that a person who might go through the effort of making their own firearm might also choose to make their own ammo. I’m sure Bonta will soon realize he needs to keep California safe from “ghost ammo.”
    I'm sure it will get worse, but Californians are already limited to a maximum of 1 lb of black powder, 20 lbs of smokeless, and 10,000 primers (5601.1)

User Tag List