Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight 3" 38 Special?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Can a quality durable revolver be made for $300ish retail?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The newer Taurus may be better and I will watch for several years to see (Only negitive so far is finish is shit according to interweb)

No locat shops other than big box carry Taurus or Kimber due to all the problems in the past.

Can a quality durable revolver be made for $300ish retail?
    I believe so. The Taurus threads in here are pretty interesting. Follow @radicaleb on IG for a lot of Taurus content.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

My 856 Executive Grade is my favorite sleeper gun. I like to put tape over the rollmarks and have unsuspecting people shoot it. Inevitably, they post a good target and have a pleasant experience.

Then I peel off the tape after they ask if it's a Smith, Kimber or Colt. You can literally hear the gears turning.....

I have done that five times now, and have sold three guns for Caleb.

@jetfire - you owe me a glass of sweet tea. Your plant is in Georgia, so I know you are good for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have owned 4 Taurus revolvers 2 had issues. A 50% failure rate with light use is why I can not recommend them to anyone.
    They've cleaned up their act.

I have one from the 90's. Don't ask me to give them a 5 star rating, please.

I never sold it because it just isn't worth the trouble.

I loaded up some rat shot and missed a rat at 10 feet. Taurus he laughed as he made his escape.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-02-2024 at 08:25 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I fired one recently that was 9mm convertible to 38 357. Horrible trigger accuracy was poor. But it did fire.

I fired one recently that was 9mm convertible to 38 357. Horrible trigger accuracy was poor. But it did fire.
    They've been known to do that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They've been known to do that.
    Yep on good days. lol. The thing about the Taurus warranty is you will need it.

Shooting 9mm out of a 357 barrel will never deliver the same results as shooting 38s or 357s. Although, the 692 that you’re talking about is reasonably accurate even with 9mm, so long that the shooter is capable.

Name:  DF72D474-7C01-4D5A-AF67-F096CA007B5E.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  67.4 KB

That’s 4 inches at 25 yards, standing unsupported in double action. Again, that’s probably the best accuracy I can expect out of 9mm, and I’m sure bagging the gun would shrink that group by an inch or so. Regardless, that’s probably a bit above “poor” accuracy.

Site Supporter
    ^^^^And until fairly recently, three inches at 25 yards off a bag was considered good accuracy for a 9x19 autoloader.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Shooting 9mm out of a 357 barrel will never deliver the same results as shooting 38s or 357s. Although, the 692 that you’re talking about is reasonably accurate even with 9mm, so long that the shooter is capable.

Name:  DF72D474-7C01-4D5A-AF67-F096CA007B5E.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  67.4 KB

That’s 4 inches at 25 yards, standing unsupported in double action. Again, that’s probably the best accuracy I can expect out of 9mm, and I’m sure bagging the gun would shrink that group by an inch or so. Regardless, that’s probably a bit above “poor” accuracy.
    I've gotten some pretty noble groups with 9mm HSTs.
    DA at 25 yards in .357s. Probably about 4" which is about as good as I can shoot
    Name:  IMG_20210906_155431.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  26.3 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List