Thread: G19.5 Recoil Buffers?

G19.5 Recoil Buffers?

Anyone using recoil buffers in their G19.5s?
    My slide seems to be impacting my frame a bit so I’m considering a buffer. I cracked G23.3 frame years ago and don’t want that to happen again😬

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    My slide seems to be impacting my frame a bit so I’m considering a buffer. I cracked G23.3 frame years ago and don’t want that to happen again😬
    How often do you change your recoil spring?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    No.

Buffers are unnecessary and when (not if) they start breaking up the pieces can cause malfunctions.

The solution to that issue is to do the proper PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services).

In this case the PMCS is changing your recoil spring assembly at the factory recommended round counts.

For 9mm Glocks that is approximately every 5,000 rounds. For a Gen 1-4 .40 cal it is every 3,000 rounds.

If you cracked the frame on a Glock 23, I can almost guarantee it’s because the recoil spring was not changed as required.

I was careful to replace my G23 springs every 3,000 rounds. Been replacing my G19.5 recoil springs around the 4,000 round mark since I occasionally shoot +p.

Site Supporter
    Keep it stock, if it cracks Glock would most likely replace it. The amount of $$$ you are spending on that much ammo is far more expensive than a new gun.

What exactly does this mean? What are the symptoms?
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

This is a photo of my G23.3 frame. Glock replaced it at no charge. I had only about 6,500 rounds of factory ammo through that gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List