Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: .32 vs .38

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

Ruger would do well to make an aluminum LCR in 32 mag (said before as 327 is a whole different animal and steel LCR is 4oz heavier) assuming once the first wave of early adapters is done there will be a market.
    Absolutely on my "want/wish" list should it come to pass.

I hope to pick up a 432 UC when they become locally available and the current retail price jump settles. I know it varies all over the place right now. That's OK because it demonstrates folks are embracing the concept.

I've had my .327 LCR for a couple of years now (June 2022). Since I handload, and already had a good stock of components, I find myself shooting it more and more. I find it really like rounds approaching 800 fps in 100 gr loads, like Ted's poly coated .32 H&R rounds. They are my round of choice for carry in this gun.

But I still find myself carrying and shooting my .38 spl LCR, or Smiths, more often. Choices/options are a good thing.

I hope this works out for the Missus @fatdog

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    See Shawn Dodson’s comments concerning Lost River’s 32 wadcutters if they are for defensive purposes.
    I just like these for the increased depth of penetration compared to the .22 rimfire options that have questionable primers and heavy triggers. Penetration is more important to me than the sharper edges on some of the other .32 wadcutters as well. Although, I would also prefer regular .32 wadcutters to .22.

After mechanical function, I value straight line penetration out of a little pop gun the most. But that is just my personal bias.

Would a 7 shot .32 H&R Taurus 856 Ultra Lite be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Would a 7 shot .32 H&R Taurus 856 Ultra Lite be possible?
    They went the 6x327 route on the steel 856 frame.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    They went the 6x327 route on the steel 856 frame.
    I know. I wonder if they can squeeze in 7 rounds of .32 H&R with its lower pressure.

User Tag List