Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I’m in for three of the 432’s. Looking forward to a run of 317’s regulated for the Federal Punch round.

As for the QC issue, I’m cautiously optimistic. I’ve had to send several Rugers back to the factory over the past decade, but never one made by Ruger for Lipsey’s. Hopefully that good luck will carry over to these S&W Lipsey’s guns.
    The 317 would be most welcome in my world.

I read a Brian Pearce article about the flat-top Ruger Blackhawks in 45 Colt that Lipseys sponsored a while ago. Per Mr. Pearce, Lipsey's insisted that Ruger get certain things absolutely correct on those guns, starting with the cylinder throats. Maybe major buyers like Lipsey's will become the mechanism that gets major manufacturers building what people want and improving QC across the board.

Now that new Remington Model 700s come with 5R barrels and Timney triggers, maybe there's hope.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I'm probably going to get a .32.
    Yeah, the .32 is pushing some buttons. It's really going to depend on exactly how much improvement they made to the trigger.

The Lost River wadcutter looks really good. Is it possible to get a .32 mag (or .32 +P) JHP of any stripe to pass even the bare/4LD gel gauntlet?

Yeah, I ‘m in! With respect to the triggers, I had a “437 combat” a while back, which had a great factory trigger. I spoke to a rep one NRA show regarding differences in the “performamce center triggers,” and the “pro series” triggers? The Pro series had simple spring upgrades, and the performance models included additional stoned action work. I would still like to know what was done specifically to yet another brief Davidsons variant called “ super tuned “ these were kinda cool from a stealthy standpoint, as the looked liked typically bread and butter 442/642s, but had a little tab on trigger guard stating “super tuned?”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nice shout out to Lost River for developing a .32 hard cast load for this project.
    Oh man! Seeing Lost River get so many plugs in this vid choked me up!!! (I’m a sentimental sap)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=24b7Mv...lwc2V5cw%3D%3D
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Has anybody seen anything about MSRP, MAP or the anticipated "Street Price" of these new offerings yet?
    In the comments on the YouTube video Lipsey’s said MSRP was $759 with a late February ship date.

Lipsey's Exclusive: Smith & Wesson Ultimate Carry J-Frame

This looks like a great setup, checks a lot of boxes, sights regulated for Speer 135gr +p and 148gr wadcutter at 15 yards:

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    In the comments on the YouTube video Lipsey’s said MSRP was $759 with a late February ship date.
    Eventually streeting under 7 bills puts these in a very good position vs anything even close to competition. Plus, anyone reading this thread probably has long had enough support gear to plug-and-play after a single range session to verify reliability.

I have to eat at least some of my own words: the general idea of a re-sighted 442 really didn’t get me breathing heavy, but details matter, and the details on this are very well sorted, from a specifications viewpoint. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

These revolvers have a lot of great features. I really like the looks of the VZ grips that work with speedloaders. I'm also looking foward to hearing how these triggers feel out of the box.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the move away from 158 grain sight regulation. The 125 grain .38 loads that are on the market are very underwhelming, and the 135 grain Speer short barrel load has been very hard to come by for a long time now. The 158 grain loadings from Buffalo Bore are pricey, but they seem to be more consistently available. I'm happy to hear the sights should be close with 148 grain wadcutters though.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I figure they'll go from here to unobtainium in record time.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    .32mag?? In conjunction with @Lost River??

Yep,

Jason at Lipseys is the driving force on this. We had some good conversations about what makes a good J Frame, what would make ideal ammo for it, what kind of projectile, recoil characteristics, etc.

I consider myself lucky to have been able to contribute and do my small part.

User Tag List