Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I propose the next UC be a K frame airweight, NO LOCK, 2” AND 2.5” round butt, with all the Lipsey upgrades!

I would be most happy with simply just no damn integral lock on the new models. Hates the lock...

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I propose the next UC be a K frame airweight, NO LOCK, 2” AND 2.5” round butt, with all the Lipsey upgrades!
    2.75, I would like a airweight or scandium Model 66

Jason

I would like to see a 42 series that didn’t require a trip back to the factory

Also a 340 with the new sights. Skip the holster grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I would like to see a 42 series that didn’t require a trip back to the factory
    Whoa, whoa, settle down! Let's not get too crazy with our wish-lists!

The key (especially true and 100% necessary with revolvers) is to look at a several and pick the one that came out the factory made right.

You're rolling the dice if you order one blind.

Post 935 and all,

I ordered/was placed on a wish-list apparently, but still no revolver.
    However, I'm glad I didn't get one immediately if the requested 432UC would only need to be sent back for more work.
    It seems most of the local FFLs don't want to risk stocking many revolvers at all, probably due to customer wants and tying up funds in something which potentially may not move/sell in my area. I don't see walking into an FFL in the Reno NV area and find a 432UC just sitting in a gun case for sale. I'm also not planning to go to every gun store or call ahead each week.

I am unimpressed with the zero feedback as to when Lipsey's might ship to my FFL with no word from my FFL.
    I suppose I wouldn't expect Lipsey's to even no who I am and I don't want to personally bother the Lipsey's higher-level employee on this forum too much.
    I've found Davidson's "GalleryofGuns.com" to be a better way of ordering a firearm on its website as I, the end-use-customer, can find out if there's inventory to lock-in and have shipped to a selected FFL, along with email updates to me.

As I got excited enough with S&W/Lipsey's getting the 632UC & 432UC project, I'd ordered and received a Ruger LCRX in .327FedMag in just a few days while getting on the 432UC wish-list (which is possible I'll never even see especially with the lack of communication between me, my FFL, and Lipsey's.

I see others have ordered and received various UC guns without much effort, but not me.
    As with some others, I've got plenty of guns (but not so much time) so I'm not hurting in any way not being able to obtaining this revolver.

I’m actually happy one of the early ones didn’t come through for me. I’m taking the pause as a chance to rethink whether a 432UC is really what I need in a .32 pocket revolver instead of a LCR.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@L-2 as of last week, I know of a local shop in Ohio that had a 632, 432, and 642. PM me if you'd like contact info.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

CCT125US, thanks for the offer. I'll keep you in mind. Your handle looks to be an older Glock serial number, btw.

HeavyDuty, I've actually been quite happy with my LCRX. I decided to order Ruger's exposed hammer version as if/when the 432UC comes in, I'll have a concealed hammer version. I've already got various S&W J-frames with exposed and unexposed hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    CCT125US...Your handle looks to be an older Glock serial number, btw.
    Yes, yes it is.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

User Tag List