Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Unfortunately, a member over at the Blue Forum is apparently experiencing light primer strikes with his 432-UC. Has that been a documented issue over here?
    Not sure what documented means but if you read the thread, yes there’s been some light primer strikes

These things seem to be popular. Auction sites are wild.

Name:  Screenshot_20240402-214453_Chrome.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  27.1 KB
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Now I am happy with the $689 I paid. I wasn't thrilled at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    These things seem to be popular. Auction sites are wild.

Name:  Screenshot_20240402-214453_Chrome.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  27.1 KB

Are You Good With 5-6 Rounds?

I’ve been following this thread, but after 81 pages, can’t recall what the purpose of the UC revolver is for folks here. Primary, ankle holster, or just riding along in the pants pocket? I usually carry a 642 under my left leg while driving, but have another revolver in an OWB holster.

It’s been two weeks since my last purchase, so help a guy out. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I’ve been following this thread, but after 81 pages, can’t recall what the purpose of the UC revolver is for folks here. Primary, ankle holster, or just riding along in the pants pocket? I usually carry a 642 under my left leg while driving, but have another revolver in an OWB holster.

History: there's merit in a 6-shot .32 snubby with negligible recoil vs a 5-shot .38 snubby with considerably more recoil.

Personally, I have no issues with .38 snubbies and their recoil. The .32 option piques my interest, but it seems QC amongst many firearm companies has fallen off the cliff circa mid 2000s, so I'm skeptical as to the execution of the idea. And revolvers are a more complex beast than pistols...I can't recall any new model of revolver that came out of the gate without QC issues.

Jeez, I sound like a fogey waving my cane.. "they don't make 'em like they used to!".. but I've seen too much consistent sh*tting of the bed..

I'd take a 632 for pocket carry (primary; because a snubby covers my needs) but the big heavy G10 grip will have to go. Replace it with the standard J-Frame rubber boot grip.
    Last edited by Singh; 04-03-2024 at 06:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post

It’s been two weeks since my last purchase, so help a guy out. 😁
    If you are living the snubby lifestyle having one with the enhancements of the UC series from the factory (better sights, better trigger) is a huge plus especially since the price point is reasonable. If you carry a bigger gun and the snubby is more an afterthought it is a harder sell if you are happy with what you already have. I have an order in for one of the 32s but honestly I’d be happier paying more for a scandium 6 shot 32 H&R to replace my 22 mag 351C.

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    If anyone got a gun with a dead front sight, please email or call me directly and we can do one of three things. I can send you a replacement front sight if you have the ability to change it yourself, I can get you looped in with customer service at S&W or I will be happy to replace the gun from one here at Lipsey's. We would just send you a call tag for yours, and ship a no-charge replacement to your dealer. Everything coming in now from S&W should have the sight issue resolved. I will be personally inspecting the next shipment.

cathellsk,

Not sure what is going on with your gun. The difference in the shroud height is pretty minimal and shouldn't cause that much of a POI disparity. Please contact me and we can just exchange it for you. I am also happy to replace the ammo you shot trying to figure the sights out.

I can reached at cloessner@lipseys.com or 225-751-6110

Emailed you sir regarding my issue as well. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks S...

Site Supporter
    To the question of why - well, in our cold weather - getting to the belt gun is rather slow given the jackets. My 432 (old one) resides in a big old side Duluth pocket and easy to get to. Also, for dress circumstance, easy pocket gun. I have a 642 also but the 432 is just less weight. The extra shot for the 3 attacker fantasy - 2,2,2 vs. 2,2,1.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I have two 642s but I’m getting older and less recoil tolerant, even with wadcutters. I have a 43C that I carry in deep concealment to a weekly appointment. I like the capacity but am concerned about the power level of the 22 long rifle ammo. The new 632 gives me an extra round and less recoil than the 38, plus the better sights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    If you are living the snubby lifestyle having one with the enhancements of the UC series from the factory (better sights, better trigger) is a huge plus especially since the price point is reasonable. If you carry a bigger gun and the snubby is more an afterthought it is a harder sell if you are happy with what you already have. I have an order in for one of the 32s but honestly I’d be happier paying more for a scandium 6 shot 32 H&R to replace my 22 mag 351C.
    The 332 Airlite Ti (scandium) 6 shot 32H&R is a phenomenal pocket gun. They gofor big $ nowadays. I cringed when I bought mine on GB a couple years ago. But it's been a constant pocket companion ever since.

User Tag List