Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

UC Compatible Pocket Holsters

Do we know of pocket holders that will not snag on the front sight?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Do we know of pocket holders that will not snag on the front sight?
    Just checked with my Kramer pocket holster, no snagging.

Site Supporter
    Wondering about A-Holster

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Wondering about A-Holster
    Working just fine with my 642-UC. Check my post #’s 779 and 800. And btw, apparent the Bulman Kydex pocket holster is UC “approved”.

I've got about 300 rounds through my UC now. Whatever hitch in the trigger I had seems to be gone. Today I bench rested the gun, and shot this at 25 yards. 5 rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match, and 5 rounds of my W231/HBWC hand loads. They basically group on top of each other. You can see I shanked one round of the FGMM way low, and I think that was me not getting a consistent sight picture with the round B8, the round big dot front sight, and the U-notch rear. I find myself getting some vertical stringing at all distances, and I think its my alignment of the sights being loose up and down. The gun does seem to be shooting a bit high at this distance, but this may be my might sight alignment. I was using a 6 o'clock hold on the bull stacking the B8 on top of the front sight ( like looking at an "8")... I think I may drift the rear sight just a smidge to center things up. Fairly impressive accuracy for a little snub in my hands. It really makes me wonder what I could do with it if there was a way to mount a red dot on it, but that is not the intent of the gun.

ETA: I tried to call Lyman today, and I guess they get out of the office early on Fridays too, because they were gone. 3 of the 12 A-Zoom snap caps I ordered have the rubber primer sitting proud of the case, and will tie up the cylinder in use. Guess I'll try again next week. I may just trying shaving the rubber "primer" down flush in the meantime.

Last edited by WDR; 04-26-2024 at 06:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20240426_191657.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  77.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Would anyone care to recommend a source for quality .32 cal cleaning supplies (brush/jag/rod/patches)?

I was surprised that my 432UC didn't come with the usual factory aluminum rod/brush, but it's probably been 30 years since I purchased a 'new' Smith, and I guess they stopped including that at some point.

-Rainman
    Rainman, et al

I have been asked this a good number of times in the last month or so.

Chances are you already own what you need.

The .32 H&R obviously is a .32 caliber.

.38 specials are .35 caliber, as is 9mm. That is .03" difference. 3/100th of an inch does not make a bit of difference with 90% of the cleaning brushes out there. I have used my 35 caliber bore snakes that I use on my 9mms and 38/357s on my Ruger LCR and it works perfectly.

I still have not cleaned the Lipsey's 432 UC .32 H&R in spite of having more than 500 rounds through it, as it has had a diet of nothing but polymer coated 100 grain wadcutters and it is still surprisingly clean considering the round count.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Would anyone care to recommend a source for quality .32 cal cleaning supplies (brush/jag/rod/patches)?

I was surprised that my 432UC didn't come with the usual factory aluminum rod/brush, but it's probably been 30 years since I purchased a 'new' Smith, and I guess they stopped including that at some point.

-Rainman
    I picked up a Pro Shot 32 brush and jag from Midway.

Site Supporter
    Was in my LGS today and asked the manager if they've seen the guns. She said that she hadn't. Just got a promotional video email from SW. Don't know if they will filter down to the cabinets of small town stores unless they become really popular.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I picked up a Pro Shot 32 brush and jag from Midway.
    I found a Tipton jag tip and a Kleenbore bronze brush on Amazon

User Tag List