Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @WDR - My hitch is at the very beginning of the trigger pull, not the end.
    Reading comprehension late last night was apparently poor on my end, and I didn't re-read your post before posting today. I see how I missed it now. I remembered it as the trigger pull getting harder after the cylinder stop locked the cylinder, not as the cylinder stop dropped, like you said. I've been dryfiring mine a bit this afternoon, after my snap caps showed up. I can't get it to duplicate my issue yet, so hopefully whatever it is has smoothed itself out. Guessing some burrs somewhere are the culprit. I won't be popping the side plate off until I have a few hundred rounds through it, for sure, just in case it needs a trip back to Smith & Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I'm still awaiting a 432UC at the local FFL which apparently put me down on its Lipsey's "wish list".
    I'll still buy it if/when it arrives, but, back in Feb. '24, I did buy a Ruger LCRX 327 to get me by.

I wonder how many Rugers or even Tauruses were bought instead of a Lipsey's/S&W (in the .32H&R chambering).
    In my case, Ruger probably should thank Lipsey's for bringing interest to the .32Long/.32H&R/.327Fed market.
    I realize the LCRX can shoot the other related calibers. I just haven't bought the other calibers to shoot.

Note. I was already well set with several .38/.357 revolvers. Maybe I'll consider a 642UC/442UC, but let's see if the 432UC ever comes in for me. I'm still planning on getting a new sport-utility-vehicle this year so I've got plenty of places to spend money elsewhere.
    Yeah, I was debating whether to go with the 432 or LCR .327, but when I was at the LGS my gut told me to go with the LCR. Ive had a .38 and .22LR LCR for over a decade now and they have never given me a problem. I have the .327 now and the trigger is just as nice as the .38. I think I actually shoot it better than the .22 with .32 S&W Long wadcutters.
    Last edited by snubasaurus; 04-19-2024 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I was surprised that my 432UC didn't come with the usual factory aluminum rod/brush, but it's probably been 30 years since I purchased a 'new' Smith, and I guess they stopped including that at some point.
    IIRC, that changed during the first Reagan administration.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    IIRC, that changed during the first Reagan administration.

Okie John
    My department bought 5906s in 1990 that came with a rod, brush, and a flat metal screwdriver for the sights.

My 442 UC came in today. .. The gun has a glitch in the trigger; shooting right-handed, both supported and unsupported, the trigger will come back far enough to drop the cylinder stop and stop dead right there. Then it requires a God-awful yank to pull it past that point. I contacted Jason @JEC and he told me another shooter had had the same problem and that putting some lube on the titanium pins cured it. I tried that and no joy, so I tried it again - spraying the internals with Break-Free and blowing it out with canned air - and it was better but still not right..
    Hang on. Titanium pins.. makes me wonder if there's some galling going on.

i'm not a metallurgist or gun designer, but I'm sure those who are at S&W considered such things and designed around any such problems. So it seems, once again, the failure is in the execution.

I want one, I really do, but not until my local shop has a few that I can check out first, and then I'll pick the one that came out the door made to spec.
    Last edited by Singh; 04-20-2024 at 09:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'll gladly forgo the tool kit, if I can get a gun that runs out of the box!

HiTS ARST
    (advanced revolver super test)
    S1 15yd 12.03s 57-1x/60 (over par)
    S2 10yd 7.45s 51/60 got a bit loose on this string
    S3 5yd 3.57s 60-1x/60

Total: 168-2x / 180

Yes my phone is attached via magnet to my empty P2000Sk. It was the most convenient.

https://youtu.be/nNx-JeKsfQA?feature=shared

Name:  20240423_125159.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  32.0 KB

25yd accuracy
    MBC 98gr DEWC
    3.0gr 231
    1.145 O.A.L.
    CCI SPP
    Cover hold

58-3x / 60

https://youtu.be/Io-wLKjnQa8?feature=shared

Name:  20240423_132048.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  27.7 KB

I really don't know what else you could ask from a J-frame.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Site Supporter
    ^^^^Damned fine work from a snubby!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

^^^^Damned fine work from a snubby!
    That it is, indeed. Between him and Lost River... ugh You guys are making me look bad!

I hadn't really been shooting DA revolvers much lately... and shooting my new UC revealed how badly I'd let that skillset slip. Time to fire up the Dillon, and load more .38.

Name:  IMG_2496.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  40.0 KB

I was able to pick up my 632 today. Another store in the area had a little Federal so I bought a box each of the hollow point and lead loads. My Lost River ammo won’t be here til Friday so I shot about 25 rounds of the Federal loads. I might need to make a windage adjustment but I’ll wait on the other ammo. I think 25 rounds from my Airweight 642 would have been a bit painful. The 32 was pleasant to shoot. I ordered a bore brush, jag, shell holder, and dummy rounds today. I have plenty of small pistol primers and 231 so I need to order brass and bullets and dust off grandpas CH Pistol Champ.

User Tag List