Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What POI variation are folks getting between the @Lost River and the 80gr Critical Defense?
    For me and from what I saw at the media event, the Lost River wadcutter, the Buffalo Bore 32 Long wadcutter, the Federal 85gr JHP and the Hornady 80gr CD all shot to the same point of aim at around 10-15 yards. The wadcutter loads may shoot just a hair higher (around 1") but that is easy to account for with the placement of the dot in the notch. Obviously, your grip, the way you see the sights, the lot of the ammo, etc. can all cause slight variations to this.

Post 749,
    Just now, I sent an email to KYGunCo for them to correct its webpage for whether the webpage is for a 632UC or 432UC.

The following two ammo questions are of interest to me, but admittedly, I'm not worrying too much about ammo and will later decide if I prefer .32 Long or .32H&RMag for carry. I don't yet have a 432UC but I'm on an FFL's "Lipsey's wish-list" for one.

Meanwhile, I bought a Ruger LCRX in .327Fed which is getting much carry-time even as I type this. I already know .327Fed has a bit too much recoil for my liking. I suppose .327Fed would be good for longer than 25 yard shots or perhaps for piercing barriers (like auto glass or doors, not tested by me however) easier, but that's typically my concern.

Anyway, getting back on topic, as we might know, my forthcoming 432UC isn't chambered for .327Fed (which will be too long), but will mainly shoot .32H&R or .32Long (again, once I get this revolver).

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    KY Gun Co. has the 432 in stock at non-gouging prices plus cheap shipping and no CC fees (or at least what I hope is the 432–it says 632, but the description and model number are all for the 432).

https://www.kygunco.com/product/smit...1021_b387ce515
    Seems to be OOS right now.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I just read it and went to the site (Good Company imho). Of course they were OOS, so I signed up for email notification.
    Soon (TM)
    Hopefully the wait isn’t too long! I’ve been happy with KY Gun Co in the past, and yesterday I placed my order at 9:20, got a notification that it had shipped at 1:36.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Post 749,
    Just now, I sent an email to KYGunCo for them to correct its webpage for whether the webpage is for a 632UC or 432UC
    Thank you! There was enough to make me think that it is the 432, and if it’s not I can live with it. My plan is to get a dedicated trainer, so being able to tell the two apart at a glance wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Seems to be OOS right now.
    Glad I jumped on it when I did. Managed to get a couple of boxes of Lost River as well, so yesterday really worked out quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Hopefully the wait isn’t too long! I’ve been happy with KY Gun Co in the past, and yesterday I placed my order at 9:20, got a notification that it had shipped at 1:36.

Thank you! There was enough to make me think that it is the 432, and if it’s not I can live with it. My plan is to get a dedicated trainer, so being able to tell the two apart at a glance wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing.

Glad I jumped on it when I did. Managed to get a couple of boxes of Lost River as well, so yesterday really worked out quite well for me.
    I'd be happy with either...actually both. I've used KY Gun Co in the past, always solid service.

If you haven't shot any of Lost River's 100 gr .32 H&R mag yet you'll be very pleased with it no doubt. It's what's in my LCR as I type this.
    If you have tried it then you absolutely know what I mean.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    If you haven't shot any of Lost River's 100 gr .32 H&R mag yet you'll be very pleased with it no doubt. It's what's in my LCR as I type this.
    If you have tried it then you absolutely know what I mean.

Congrats!
    Thanks! I have not. My only experience with a .32 is a box through my great-grandfather’s S&W Hand Ejector in .32 Long. I am very excited for the 432–it is almost a weekly occurrence where I find myself in a situation where I either don’t carry a gun or carry in a way that is less than optimal where I could carry a pocket J frame. I have tried .38s in the past, but the aluminum 642 was obnoxious to shoot, and while the steel 60 was better, the POA/POI difference was unacceptable for a carry gun. Hoping that this will be my Goldilocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Any idea when they will start shipping the 632’s?
    My LGS, where I work P/T, got a 432-UC and a 632-UC in on Tuesday. I grabbed up the 432 for myself (to pair with the 642-UC I got weeks ago) and the 632-UC went on the shelf. Revolvers are not too big in this area, so I suspect it’s going to be sitting here for a while.
    Last edited by Det1397; 03-28-2024 at 06:01 PM.

Some further observations on the 432UC:

The VZ grips are certainly nice, and I found them indexing the muzzle higher compared to the LG-405s. You can see the difference between the two, with the CT having more meat high on the back strap, and less on the bottom. The VZs were challenging to remove, go slow, don't pry.
    Name:  20240328_172636.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  39.6 KB

I believe it was discussed previously, but the VZs also weigh more than twice what the CT do.
    Name:  20240328_173636.jpg
Size:  27.1 KB
    Name:  20240328_172010.jpg
Size:  25.2 KB

Unloaded weight with CT:
    Name:  20240328_174746.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  34.2 KB

Also of note, at 5 yards I needed to use a drive the dot / cover hold to stack rounds. For those keeping track, that's the same hold for 50 yards. 25 yards was top edge, using Lost River 100gr WC.

I shot the iHack several times and had passing runs, and stacked rounds in the 10 ring at 25.

Picked up another 200 pieces of Starline brass as well.
    Taking a break from social media.

Duplicate post.

To remove revolver grips: loosen the screw partway and then tap on the screw head. This will pop the far grip off enough to get it started off.

User Tag List