Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle from PWS--the UXR

New Rifle from PWS--the UXR

Another new product for 2024....

Site Supporter
    Kinda neat that it can swap between small and large rifle (5.56 and .308).

Kind of neat that the MSRP of the complete 308/7.62x51 rifle is $2650 - same as their 300 BLK and 5.56 rifles. And conversion kits are $575. But none of the conversion kits are shorter than 14.5-inches.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Wow, it really looks like they put a lot into this and thought about nearly everything. I really like how the magwell and lower handguard slide on rails before being pinned/bolted in place. Should go a long way to avoiding the jenkiness you see in most platforms that try to be maximally modular.

The accuracy claims they are making are hard to believe for a piston gun. OTOH, the long engagement between the barrel and trunnion reminds me of the DT SRS and I know is a big component of the accuracy in that platform.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Wow, it really looks like they put a lot into this and thought about nearly everything. I really like how the magwell and lower handguard slide on rails before being pinned/bolted in place. Should go a long way to avoiding the jenkiness you see in most platforms that try to be maximally modular.

The accuracy claims they are making are hard to believe for a piston gun. OTOH, the long engagement between the barrel and trunnion reminds me of the DT SRS and I know is a big component of the accuracy in that platform.
    I agree that the accuracy is a bold claim. Sure, lots of people claim that their rifle is sub-MOA, but produce 3-shot groups or need 10 targets to get 1 5-shot group that is sub-MOA. A true 5 to 10-shot sub-MOA semi-auto rifle is uncommon.

Equally impressive is the weight. It’s a full pound lighter than a MCX and Bren2; 2 lbs lighter than IWI’s Carmel.

The specs on this gun are arguably the most impressive of any battle rifle / assault rifle out there. They will sell a ton if it’s reliable and durable. I’ll wait a year but will probably have multiple copies in 2-3 years if the gun lives up to the claims.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I agree that the accuracy is a bold claim. Sure, lots of people claim that their rifle is sub-MOA, but produce 3-shot groups or need 10 targets to get 1 5-shot group that is sub-MOA. A true 5 to 10-shot sub-MOA semi-auto rifle is uncommon.

Equally impressive is the weight. It’s a full pound lighter than a MCX and Bren2; 2 lbs lighter than IWI’s Carmel.

The specs on this gun are arguably the most impressive of any battle rifle / assault rifle out there. They will sell a ton if it’s reliable and durable. I’ll wait a year but will probably have multiple copies in 2-3 years if the gun lives up to the claims.
    I'm optimistic. PWS makes really, really nice rifles.

If anyone can pull this off, it's them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

The weight falls inline with my 14.5 p/w bren2 - which i am happy to hear. If it tests well, i will leave my Bren2’s behind and go this direction due to accuracy and spare part availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    The weight falls inline with my 14.5 p/w bren2 - which i am happy to hear. If it tests well, i will leave my Bren2’s behind and go this direction due to accuracy and spare part availability.
    One of the big tests for the URX will be reliability in the 7.62X39 configuration. This has been the Achilles Heel of the Bren 2 - reasonable reliability in 5.56; dumpster fire in 7.62x39. It seems like optimizing one harms the other in some platforms. Perhaps PWS cracked the code with different lower receiver magazine cassettes for the calibers.

Edit to a previous post - the URX is only 1/2 lb lighter than the MCX and Bren2 carbine (all 16” configurations).

Still, I’m very intrigued by the specs of this rifle.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List