Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Recalls Ambassador to Iran After Airstrikes

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Pakistan Recalls Ambassador to Iran After Airstrikes

From BBC News:

Iran has admitted carrying out a missile and drone attack on western Pakistan on Tuesday.

Officials in Islamabad said two children were killed and three others injured in the attack in Balochistan.

Iran's foreign minister said the operation targeted the militant group Jaish al-Adli, which he described as an "Iranian terrorist group" in Pakistan.

As a result the Pakistan's government recalled its ambassador to Iran and has blocked Tehran's envoy from returning.

The Balochistan attack comes after Iran attacked targets in Iraq and Syria earlier this week.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Geez. It’s like WWIII has started and we just don’t know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Geez. It’s like WWIII has started and we just don’t know it yet.
    It's traditional. We were rather late to the first two.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's traditional. We were rather late to the first two.
    I don't think we'll be playing the roll of Arsenal of Democracy in this one, though.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I don't think we'll be playing the roll of Arsenal of Democracy in this one, though.
    Eh, we sure are dumping lots of goodies into Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    And we weren't exactly the Arsenal of Democracy in the years before 1940-41 either.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Pakistan Retaliates With Strikes On "Militant Targets" In Iran, 9 Killed

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pak-...-bases-4883810

"This morning Pakistan undertook a series of highly coordinated and specifically targeted precision military strikes against terrorist hideouts in Siestan-o-Baluchistan province of Iran," Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said in an official statement.

Calling Iran a "brotherly country", Islamabad said that the action was a "manifestation of Pakistan's unflinching resolve" to protect and defend its national security against all threats.

"The sole objective of today's act was in pursuit of Pakistan's own security and national interest which is paramount and cannot be compromised," the Ministry said, adding that Islamabad "fully respects" the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Iran."

Well, alrighty then. Let the festivities commence.

Site Supporter
    So we're basically going to watch two dudes slapping each other in the face saying "no man, there was a fly on your face, and THAT's why I slapped the shit out of you. I totally respect you."

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    What I meant was we no longer have the heavy industrial base necessary to fight a World War.

By June 1942 the United States was well along in fulfilling President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s pledge of becoming an Arsenal of Democracy. But the hundreds of thousands of men in uniform and mountains of materiel were useless for the Allied war effort if they remained within America’s borders. To get both to the battlefields and bases scattered around the world, America needed cargo and transport ships – yesterday. Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser couldn’t turn back the clock. But he did the next best thing. He built Liberty ships – fast. Between 1941 and 1945, 18 American shipyards, either Kaiser’s or using Kaiser’s shipbuilding techniques, turned out 2,751 Liberty ships, easily the largest class of ships ever built.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/...20ever%20built.

I find less problem with massive support to Ukraine than other support we offer to Allies, and we aren't exactly doing it on the scale of lend-lease in WWII.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Attacking Pakistan wouldn't be prudent. Somebody needs to lighten up.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List