Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest generation Mazda Miata

Latest generation Mazda Miata

I didn’t know… We rented one for a weekend and now we are ordering one. Good lord, this thing is more fun than my Raptor and feels just as fast. Most fun I’ve ever had with my pants on. Sips gas at 31.5MPG, even the automatic transmission is always ready to party with the engine on tap in an instant. I’ve driven Porsches and Corvettes, I’m good with a latest generation Miata 😁

Name:  IMG_9241.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  32.0 KB
    #RESIST

My wife and I have been tearing up the roads in a 2010 Miata for nearly 5 years. It just never grows old! 👍
    I’m nearly 6’2”, so the ND wasn’t very comfortable for me. Also, we have an awesome Pioneer Apple Airplay head unit installed, and the ND’s head unit is on top of the dash. The ND is a cool looking car.
    Name:  IMG_3147.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3146.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  91.8 KB

A glimpse into my maturity…🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Correct Video! YEEHAA,

Last edited by FrankB; 05-05-2024 at 10:16 PM.

I'm quite attracted to the RF hardtop myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The first Miata was a reincarnation of the MG and Triumph. Except they fixed everything that was wrong and it's been a success ever since. I remember when they first hit the market. Dealers were selling them for 20% over MSRP.

I guess if you have to drive you might as well have some fun while you do it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...miata-history/
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-05-2024 at 10:23 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

@LittleLebowski
    I hope you have a great time in your new ND Miata! They are simply great fun, and have more than enough power to provide thrills, without going 140 mph. Our Miata has the Manual-Matic transmission, as almost all sports roadsters do now. There are people who say, “You should have bought the manual”, but they haven’t driven this transmission.

I sold my 2006 (same NC generation as Frank’s) and miss it. My left ankle doesn’t get on with clutch anymore, and it was just too small for all the trucks down here in TX. The ND is gorgeous, enjoy!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If you want to communicate with other fans of the Miata here's a link to a forum where you can read all about them. https://forum.miata.net/vb/

Site Supporter
    Sat in the MX-5 at the dealer on Saturday while shopping for a CX-50... Getting in/out is a looooong way down and a stiff poke in the ribs from a G19 , but I can see where it might be worth it... Looks fun just standing still. I'll be looking for a chance to rent one for a few days to find out... is there room in there for a rollaboard and backpack briefcase or would those need to ride shotgun?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Sat in the MX-5 at the dealer on Saturday while shopping for a CX-50... Getting in/out is a looooong way down and a stiff poke in the ribs from a G19 , but I can see where it might be worth it... Looks fun just standing still. I'll be looking for a chance to rent one for a few days to find out... is there room in there for a rollaboard and backpack briefcase or would those need to ride shotgun?
    I learned to get in butt first, and getting out requires a tug on my size 13 right shoe. People must think I have a wooden leg.

We’ve had my wife’s jumbo rollaboard in the trunk many times. Mazda deleted the spare tire completely, so there’s more than enough room. It’s been my only car for years, and she doesn’t use her Subaru Forester at all.

Site Supporter
    Sat in one for a bit while debating a CX-30 v CX-5.

I have always loved the Miata for everything it is- ie a grown up MGB/Fiat 124 that works well and reliably.

At 6’ 3’’ 205 ish, I feel like I am at the edge of my lane getting in and out on the daily.

Once in, feels like a cockpit in a good way.

To me, along with the Toyota/Suburu BRZ, it undoubted exceeds the intersection of quality/value/performance/looks if you fit and can get in/out.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List