Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

In my teens (1970s) I knew an old officer that carried 2 High Standard double action .22 magnum derringers for this purpose.

He was a Korean War combat soldier.

He put the first finger along the barrels and pulled the trigger with his 2nd finger. When he drew them , it was hard to see them as a pistol because his hand masked them until he curled his 2nd finger around the trigger. It looked like drawing a wallet.

Awful heavy trigger, tiny sights, very noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Because reasons, I carried a J front right and a Seecamp L rear, both in Kramer holster. I had no problems with the Seecamp, but it had a heel release and was made out of metal. I'm a bit concerned about sitting my ass on a plastic LCP/P32. I could move it from one pocket to another (people are always moving phones). My current favorite pants have a fairly deep cell phone pocket, but the draw would be in plain sight. Just some random thoughts...

ETA, I can see myself cruising GunBroker for P-32s and Seecamps, right and left handed holsters...you're killing me, Smalls.
    This whole thread makes me want, what, my 4th Seecamp?

Of course, the sight issue would be as big an annoyance as with Seecamps 1, 2, and 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is there any value in this application for the pocket holsters that remain with the gun, like this Desantis Pocket Shot?

Name:  E18F8DF4-FC77-49F4-B8C7-B19C6B23911E.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  32.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    A minor caveat. Years ago I tried running a P32 from a back pocket, but it would dump the mag every time I sat down or bumped into anything. I thought of trimming the mag release button to require a tool to activate, but wound up going to a j-frame carried appendix instead. YMMV.
    As a lefty, when I carried a Glock 26 on my ankle as a BUG to my 19, I ground the mag release flat.Since I was using my index finger to release the mag anyway, it didn't cost me anything.
    In this use case, I would definitely do this. Choosing between a fast (and highly unlikely to save my life) reload and a guaranteed second shot(which very well might), it seems to be a very small opportunity cost.

Love this thread! The pocket shot seems pretty viable conceptually as it seems it may offer additional confusion for the perp, as he sees it is holsters, then realizes it is what it is. That being said, Craig”s draw was so spot on, he will realize it is not a holster about the time he hits the ground. Also, aren’t pocket holsters like that Desantis “AOWs?”

This thread is costing me money. Found a lightly used P32 at local Store. Dug out my .32 ACP and am back at it. Man, I tell ya we really need more little .32s like this. Recoil is so mild, these things are fun to shoot.

SouthNarc is a great guy and a great instructor

You guys know I’m a fan of online learning and facilitated learning.

Sure, it’s not as good as in person teaching. But with the right instructor and the right student, it can be quite effective.

@SouthNarc spent a good half hour on the phone with me explaining some of the finer details of the drill and I can say with confidence that the online program is going to be effective and well worth the cost of admission.

This is my 2.0 attempt at the drill.

From an equipment standpoint, I feel like any handgun would work because it’s not a shooting drill per se. Where you’re going to care about sights and recoil comes after the PCP and whatever else you might need to deal with.

I did today’s practice with the Taurus Curve because it doesn’t look like a gun. No sights and a big square profile.

Name:  IMG_0365.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0364.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  49.2 KB

@SouthNarc one thing I’ve seen on online coaching programs that I’ve found to be helpful is that people send in their videos to a protected forum and the coach picks a representative one to publish a critique and give personalized feedback to. That way it is kind of a hybrid class format and there’s still the best part of the interaction and value, but in a time efficient manner.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

Sure, it’s not as good as in person teaching. But with the right instructor and the right student, it can be quite effective.

@SouthNarc spent a good half hour on the phone with me explaining some of the finer details of the drill and I can say with confidence that the online program is going to be effective and well worth the cost of admission.

From an equipment standpoint, I feel like any handgun would work because it’s not a shooting drill per se. Where you’re going to care about sights and recoil comes after the PCP and whatever else you might need to deal with.

I did today’s practice with the Taurus Curve because it doesn’t look like a gun. No sights and a big square profile.

@SouthNarc one thing I’ve seen on online coaching programs that I’ve found to be helpful is that people send in their videos to a protected forum and the coach picks a representative one to publish a critique and give personalized feedback to. That way it is kind of a hybrid class format and there’s still the best part of the interaction and value, but in a time efficient manner.
    Bright flash.
    "Ah, here you are...welcome to Hell."

Quoted wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Love this thread! The pocket shot seems pretty viable conceptually as it seems it may offer additional confusion for the perp, as he sees it is holsters, then realizes it is what it is. That being said, Craig”s draw was so spot on, he will realize it is not a holster about the time he hits the ground. Also, aren’t pocket holsters like that Desantis “AOWs?”

This thread is costing me money. Found a lightly used P32 at local Store. Dug out my .32 ACP and am back at it. Man, I tell ya we really need more little .32s like this. Recoil is so mild, these things are fun to shoot.
    The P32 really is easy to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

Great vid and well done!

I'm probably gonna offer a remote video coaching option for an upcharge.

User Tag List