Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I still think it is fact intensive, and the actual "day" he no longer was a resident is complicated and subject to different interpretations based on a number of factors. Also, if the board threatened to pull a slot on a world team based on resigning, that is a bad fact.
    Sorry, but you're unnecessarily splitting hairs. Hopkins did in fact take up residency in another state, and whether its an issue of 3 days, 30 days, or 6 months, time has shown (well over a year, and approaching two years) Hopkins did in fact leave his residence in Area 3, and establish a new residence outside Area 3.

Further, until this thread, I haven't seen a claim, let alone, any actual evidence, that Hopkins was blackmailed. Again, what would be the motive? They could have simply voted him out based on the bylaws, and been easily justified based on the facts.

Its my recollection that Hopkins resigned, knowing the Board was planning to discuss, and then vote, on his eligibility to be the A3 Director, based on his change of residency.

However, both scenarios are irrelevant. Hopkins had clearly demonstrated he was no longer intending to be a resident of Area 3, by actually establishing a new domicile, outside Area 3. I can't fault the guy for.choosing his actual income generating career, over an unpaid job as a Director in USPSA. However, he made a choice that made him ineligible to be the A3 Director, and its simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    While I agree with what you are saying what good does voting do if the BOD's can vote out who you voted in?
    If we hadn't voted good people in, the BoD wouldn't have needed to lift a finger to oust them. I think we all can agree that legacy board members trying to destroy the opposition by any means is what's breaking the camel's back. So, yeah, people who voted YML, Arnburg, Rizzi etc in effectively enacted whatever the change is happening, with huge kudos to Scott and Frank keeping their integrity and staying principled. People who will keep their voting rights will continue to have a chance on influencing the future of this organization. Nonmembers will not.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If we hadn't voted good people in, the BoD wouldn't have needed to lift a finger to oust them. I think we all can agree that legacy board members trying to destroy the opposition by any means is what's breaking the camel's back. So, yeah, people who voted YML, Arnburg, Rizzi etc in effectively enacted whatever the change is happening, with huge kudos to Scott and Frank keeping their integrity and staying principled. People who will keep their voting rights will continue to have a chance on influencing the future of this organization. Nonmembers will not.
    I agree 100%. They worked real hard to keep YML out because in my opinion they had a lot to hide. It will be interesting to see what is uncovered and where all the finger pointing goes. People like Ben Stoeger kept the pressure on and that really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Sorry, but you're unnecessarily splitting hairs. Hopkins did in fact take up residency in another state, and whether its an issue of 3 days, 30 days, or 6 months, time has shown (well over a year, and approaching two years) Hopkins did in fact leave his residence in Area 3, and establish a new residence outside Area 3.

Further, until this thread, I haven't seen a claim, let alone, any actual evidence, that Hopkins was blackmailed. Again, what would be the motive? They could have simply voted him out based on the bylaws, and been easily justified based on the facts.

Its my recollection that Hopkins resigned, knowing the Board was planning to discuss, and then vote, on his eligibility to be the A3 Director, based on his change of residency.

However, both scenarios are irrelevant. Hopkins had clearly demonstrated he was no longer intending to be a resident of Area 3, by actually establishing a new domicile, outside Area 3. I can't fault the guy for.choosing his actual income generating career, over an unpaid job as a Director in USPSA. However, he made a choice that made him ineligible to be the A3 Director, and its simple as that.
    As someone that splits their time between multiple states, I can assure you that splitting hairs is how residency works. I don't know the specific facts around Matt. What I do know is the Area 3 director was voted in by the members of Area 3 to represent their interests. Lately, some legacy board members have taken to filling open Area board seats with other legacy former board members. If I was Matt, I would want to see that the members of Area 3 got a replacement board member that they want, as opposed to the board member some legacy board members wanted in there. Depending upon the specific facts of his situation, and how a replacement board member is put in place, that could results in different actions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sorry, but you're unnecessarily splitting hairs. Hopkins did in fact take up residency in another state, and whether its an issue of 3 days, 30 days, or 6 months, time has shown (well over a year, and approaching two years)
    Regardless of when he actually changed residence (taking job doesn't imply an immediate relocation, and I doubt you can give me a date that Hopkins' residence legally changed) can you articulate why the board would have to blackmail him into resigning rather than simply vote him out as they did Scott?

The fact of the blackmail is one I've been told by multiple people, and it has been public knowledge for a long time (since at least when Stoeger mentioned it on his podcast, if not before.)

Why is it okay for the board to blackmail members into resigning for ANY reason? It's worth noting that he withdrew candidacy from the USPSA President election at the same time, which has no residency requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    . . . can you articulate why the board would have to blackmail him into resigning rather than simply vote him out as they did Scott?
    I can't articulate that because despite you repeatedly making the claim, there is no proof that happened.
    Why is it okay for the board to blackmail members into resigning for ANY reason?
    I never said it was "okay." It's not "okay" for anyone to blackmail a a person. I said it was irrelevant, because Hopkins clearly moved out of Area 3, and no longer met the criteria to be the A3 Director. The exact date of that move is also irrelevant, as he acknowledged he moved for the new job.
    It's worth noting that he withdrew candidacy from the USPSA President election at the same time, which has no residency requirement.
    Hopkins stated reason for that was that he didn't have time to devote the President position because of the new job.

We get it, you hacked off at the legacy members of the board. So am I.* However, let's stick to facts, not baseless speculation/accusations.

*Some of my previous posts expressing my very negative opinion of USPSA leadership:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....90#post1547290

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....00#post1540900

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....55#post1523755

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....92#post1508692

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....67#post1508367

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....39#post1414839

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....14#post1547314

As someone that splits their time between multiple states, I can assure you that splitting hairs is how residency works. I don't know the specific facts around Matt. What I do know is the Area 3 director was voted in by the members of Area 3 to represent their interests. Lately, some legacy board members have taken to filling open Area board seats with other legacy former board members. If I was Matt, I would want to see that the members of Area 3 got a replacement board member that they want, as opposed to the board member some legacy board members wanted in there. Depending upon the specific facts of his situation, and how a replacement board member is put in place, that could results in different actions.
    Come on, lets be serious about this. We aren't talking about Hopkins living in East St Louis Illinois (just inside Area 5), and commuting to a job in St Louis, MO (Area 3), where it's a 10 minute drive, and less than 5 miles between the two, and straddling the line. The dude moved completely out of Area 3, and did so nearly 2 years ago.

I have no love for the legacy Board members (see my previous post if you need proof), but this attempt to paint Hopkins as still being eligible for the A3 Director spot, despite what is clearly in the bylaws, is ridiculous.

Why not stick to the actual, and numerous, bad acts by the BOD, over the last several years?

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Why is it okay for the board to blackmail members into resigning for ANY reason? It's worth noting that he withdrew candidacy from the USPSA President election at the same time, which has no residency requirement.
    Hopkins stated reason for that was that he didn't have time to devote the President position because of the new job.
    Do you not understand how blackmail works? Did you expect him to state that he was being blackmailed instead of giving a lame, forced excuse?

Name:  IMG_5195.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  66.5 KB

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

All this sounds like good news. And I really wish Ben wouldn't use stupid and derogatory names, and otherwise act like a 14 year old on 4Chan.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List