Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by konkapot View Post
    That's where I get a little fuzzy. At one point A2 wasn't even sure what he was voting on.

I get the issue with his candidacy, but not his presence on the board.

Is there any way that the BoD thinks it's just cleaning house/turning over a new leaf on this?
    That's 100% it.

I don't know if they believe themselves to be the good guys (the mental gymnastics must be really hard at this point, or maybe they're just dumb) but they think they're winning for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by konkapot View Post
    That's where I get a little fuzzy. At one point A2 wasn't even sure what he was voting on.

I get the issue with his candidacy, but not his presence on the board.

Is there any way that the BoD thinks it's just cleaning house/turning over a new leaf on this?
    I think Scott Arnburg is correct in his assessment. These are moves for two main reasons:

1) To get as many people named in the Rutkowski lawsuit back onto the board as possible. This is so they can justify the use of USPSA funds for their legal defense.

2) To get as many people who will look behind the curtain as possible off the board. This is so they can burn and shred as much evidence of their wrong doing as possible.

___

The narrative that Arnburg, Rizzi, and others are "destroying the organization" is sleight of hand. The reason to remove them is they asked hard questions and wanted the data.

My guess and it is merely a guess, is that Leighton, Troy, Bruce Wells, and Bruce Gary, have embezzled a significant amount of money from the organizational coffers. I suspect at this point Donna Webb knows all about it and is an active accomplice in obfuscation in exchange for the 6-figure salary she receives. The org not doing anything to punish Jake Martens for his illegal activities as DME, likely means either Jake has significant dirt on them or is also complicit with their crimes. In doing their dirty dealings, I would guess Greenfield, Cabana, and others named in Rutkowski's lawsuit have, at best, used USPSA funds inappropriately, if not directly pocketed some of it.

Arnburg, Rizzi, YML, and Ben Barry are/were asking HARD questions and demanding access to financial records. The unwillingness of the board and Donna to hand them over and then the Board's blatant disregard for its own rules and procedures, as well as actual lawful activities, to remove the question askers demonstrates their commitment to covering up their crimes.

I can all but guarantee when the dust clears - that it will be revealed at folks named in Rutkowski's lawsuit have committed numerous financial crimes against the organization. Unfortunately, at this point it would take a willing prosecutor to prosecute them. At best a Class Action lawsuit of members vs. BoD and court appointed trustees/mediators to have a full rework of the org is likely the best thing that can happen.

Realistically, I anticipate that when we finally know the depth of what is going on, we will discover that USPSA is flat broke. That at this point credit card balances are keeping the org afloat and part of the scramble going on here is not only to hide the crimes, but also to hide how bad it really is.

That's a little dark/grim but I don't dispute any of it. Reminds me of the stereotypical HOA shenanigans that always seem to happen.

That sounds about right. Also, who on the BoD is Donna sleeping with?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I think Scott Arnburg is correct in his assessment. These are moves for two main reasons:

1) To get as many people named in the Rutkowski lawsuit back onto the board as possible. This is so they can justify the use of USPSA funds for their legal defense.

2) To get as many people who will look behind the curtain as possible off the board. This is so they can burn and shred as much evidence of their wrong doing as possible.

___

The narrative that Arnburg, Rizzi, and others are "destroying the organization" is sleight of hand. The reason to remove them is they asked hard questions and wanted the data.

My guess and it is merely a guess, is that Leighton, Troy, Bruce Wells, and Bruce Gary, have embezzled a significant amount of money from the organizational coffers. I suspect at this point Donna Webb knows all about it and is an active accomplice in obfuscation in exchange for the 6-figure salary she receives. The org not doing anything to punish Jake Martens for his illegal activities as DME, likely means either Jake has significant dirt on them or is also complicit with their crimes. In doing their dirty dealings, I would guess Greenfield, Cabana, and others named in Rutkowski's lawsuit have, at best, used USPSA funds inappropriately, if not directly pocketed some of it.

Arnburg, Rizzi, YML, and Ben Barry are/were asking HARD questions and demanding access to financial records. The unwillingness of the board and Donna to hand them over and then the Board's blatant disregard for its own rules and procedures, as well as actual lawful activities, to remove the question askers demonstrates their commitment to covering up their crimes.

I can all but guarantee when the dust clears - that it will be revealed at folks named in Rutkowski's lawsuit have committed numerous financial crimes against the organization. Unfortunately, at this point it would take a willing prosecutor to prosecute them. At best a Class Action lawsuit of members vs. BoD and court appointed trustees/mediators to have a full rework of the org is likely the best thing that can happen.

Realistically, I anticipate that when we finally know the depth of what is going on, we will discover that USPSA is flat broke. That at this point credit card balances are keeping the org afloat and part of the scramble going on here is not only to hide the crimes, but also to hide how bad it really is.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That sounds about right. Also, who on the BoD is Donna sleeping with?
    Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwwww.
    Yeah, she’d have to be pretty desperate
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Seems weird they didn't just vote in Kevin Collins as A3D. He lost to Scott Arnburg in a runoff. And he's a defendant in the Rutkowski lawsuit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Seems weird they didn't just vote in Kevin Collins as A3D. He lost to Scott Arnburg in a runoff. And he's a defendant in the Rutkowski lawsuit.
    Makes sense, members vote directors in and the board fires them and votes who they want. Sounds like a Democrat wet dream.

Let me test my understanding.

At best, we have at least two factions splintering the organization over petty personal hatreds and trying to beat each other to death with the rulebook. Now tit for tat plus head has escalated to lawfare and scorched earth.

At worst, we have an ongoing criminal conspiracy of embezzlement fighting a delaying action while they destroy as much evidence as possible and maneuver to drain the legal coffers of the organization in an attempt to make prosecution and civil remedy so expensive/ pointless that they get away with their IGG.

The involved parties are so determined to not lose the overarching personality conflict that the good of the sport is irrelevant to their behavior, regardless of any wrongdoing or criminality.
    The cancerous squamosity of social media is fanning the flames of secession for "better rules" "stability" "getting our money's worth" among local affiliate clubs.

Of the Players, the BOD is flailing like a panicked drowning man, and, whatever his original intentions(or how right he is) Stoeger's worst instincts and traits of trollery and predatory smartassery are in full sprint.

Sigh.

I’m not sure I agree 100% with @feudist but damn that’s a good rant.

I had to look up ‘squamosity’. Bravo.

User Tag List