Thread: A Day To Sight In

A Day To Sight In

Name:  90 degree mount.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  36.3 KB

Today I needed to sight in two of my guns. I decided to replace my LPA rear sight on my 617 with a 90º mounted C-More. Fun remembering that elevation is now the windage screw and windage is elevation. Took me a lot of shooting to get it centered. I started at 7 yards and shot for a group 1 1/2 inches below center. This would bring me spot on at 15 and would easily take care of the 35 yard 18 X 24ssteel for Steel Challenge.

When I went back to 15 I was 3 inches low and 4 inches to the left. I shot strings of 3 rounds and followed them in until I was dead center. Remington Golden Bullets work great in my 617. I can run upwards of 500 rounds before I need to clean the cylinder. I ended up shooting 150 rounds of s Golden Bullets and 50 rounds of Norma Tac 22. I wanted to see if I could fire an entire box without a misfire and I did.

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  66.6 KB
    Next I took out my Black Mamba. I've been shooting Rimfire Pistol Iron for the past few months and decided I wanted to go back to a red dot. Found my old C-More railway that had the mount still on it. Funny how things happen, I had 3 C-More Railways and too the mounts off of two of them to fin on my revolvers. The third was was in hiding. I ordered a base for one of them so I could mount it on the Volquartsen and guess what. The day it arrived I found the dot with the mount.

Starting at 7 yards again this gun shoots one hole groups. I was dead center from the start and moved to 15 to confirm my sight settings with CCI Clean ammo. It really is cleaner, I don't need to take a brush to the gun as often and I haven't needed to clean my compensator in 2000 rounds.

I'm now set with two guns, ready for speed on steel and anxious to go to the next match.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I ordered a base for one of them so I could mount it on the Volquartsen and guess what. The day it arrived I found the dot with the mount.
    Sounds like you have the "seed" for another red dot handgun. I guess the question is, will it turn out to be a pistol or revolver seed?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Sounds like you have the "seed" for another red dot handgun. I guess the question is, will it turn out to be a pistol or revolver seed?
    It's going to be a revolver: I have a 617 4 inch at Smith & Wesson right now but when I get it back the C-More will going on it. I have one more C-More that I'll mount the base with the bracket on and put that on a 10-22 that a friend gave me yesterday.

User Tag List