There was little feedback on my search on info for the Operator and Low Profile CCW courses. The one review from back in 2016 or 2017 was somewhat negative. I approached it with much trepidation. Since it is local, I went for it!

In short it was great. Glock is putting effort into these courses and meeting the needs of the CCW community. To register you need to be a GSSF member which is easy. Instructors were great. It’s funny, this year I have decided to stop wasting money on switching in / out of different guns, trying to settle on a single platform or two and blow money on training and ammo instead!

The course is an honest shooting course, no context for decision or legal aspects, but that is ok as this is course on how to use the gun safely. It is a mix of drawing, quick presentation, recoil control and recovery, target transitions, two drills specifically caused one to think. The “x drill” and the “box drill.” There were malfunction drills, strong and weak hand shooting and malfunction clearance, target transitions. I really enjoyed the sight picture drill where we shot at different distances on timer using an appropriate sight picture for that distance to get a good hit, but in optimal time. A trigger press drill which was really telling, showing you can get good hits withpressing the trigger faster than you are comfortable with!

The staff was great, round count was a legit 980 rounds. There was an hour lunch break which was plenty of time to run down to several fast food joints. Most used red dots, but iron sights were fine.

Glock seems responsive and interested in making it better. They took comments thoughtfully. They did offer that the course has changed quite a bit since that initial review I cited from 2017.

I plan on taking the low profile CCW course at some point this year.

This course is ideal for someone who can operate their gun safely without prompting, that has base level of accuracy. When you are done will know your weakness and know on what you need to spend time.

A great place to start, would recommend without hesitation.

Dave