Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round Up - 2024

Site Supporter

Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round Up - 2024

This is filling quickly, so get on it!

https://www.gunsite.com/classes/pat-...4YWqcZ9Zruifm0
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    This is filling quickly, so get on it!

https://www.gunsite.com/classes/pat-...4YWqcZ9Zruifm0
    I’m looking forward to shooting in some of your blocks in 2024!

I signed up yesterday and also signed up my son. He will turn 18 in May and it’s time for him to learn how to properly run a wheelgun. He and I are both looking forward to it. I already got my vacation time in for the trip, now I just need to find him a revolver.

Wade

Signed up yesterday. This has been on my bucket list for a couple of years now, so I'm excited to finally attend in 2024

What's the revolver round up crews consensus on J-frame grips, 2 finger style or 3 finger?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What's the revolver round up crews consensus on J-frame grips, 2 finger style or 3 finger?
    I wasn't able to make it out there. I can live with a two-finger grip, but I need extra material behind the back strap for my finger to land correctly on the trigger. I'm 6'1" with average-size hands for my height. I don't pocket carry, but if I did, my 642 would be wearing the set of the now-discontinued Taurus grips I have. I've got the three-finger Hogues on my 642 and 49.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Bring it like you carry it. Suggest you bring a service sized .38/.357 and your daily carry snub (and perhaps extras of each, if possible). We've been fortunate in this event to provide folks with classes to dig way down on how we carry, deploy and shoot the little guns. I think you will get lots more value from working with daily carry gats and support gear than trying to do an artificial range revolver.

I'll be back again next year. Hopefully I can convince a mutual friend to come on out this time as well...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    I used Uncle Mike’s boot grips because I took pocket and ankle holster classes. I did cheat a little as I shot a 649 instead of the air weight I normally carry but considering the round count I figured it was an acceptable trade off.
    Last edited by sharps54; 12-04-2023 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Clarify type of grips

Site Supporter
    And this event is now half full. If you're going, please get registered!

User Tag List