Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Ameriglo will cowitness w/DPP on a 19.5 MOS?

Which Ameriglo will cowitness w/DPP on a 19.5 MOS?

The youngest boy picked up a 19.5 MOS yesterday. He's already got a DPP and wants sights that cowitness so I said I'd ask around to see what he needs.

He is specifically looking for Ameriglo, front tritium, blacked out rear. I'm not seeing that combination on their website but I may be missing something. Does that combination exist or does he need to modify what he wants?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like maybe GL-411 is what he needs?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I went through Dawson Precision to get BUIS that would co-witness with the DPP on my G47. I had looked at Ameriglo but also didn't see an offering that made sense. The Dawson's have been great so far. The rear sight needed a little filing on the bottom before it would slide in the dovetail, but that's been my experience with Dawson's sights thus far.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Thanks! I wasn’t finding anything and he showed up with a set of sights to install. Then he was surprised when he couldn’t see them through the DPP.

I suggested Dawson but I don’t know if he’s contacted them yet.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Is the DPP plate thicker or thinner than other plates to a degree to affect co-witness?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Has this height been found to not work? .315

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018J...b_b_asin_title
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Has this height been found to not work? .315

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018J...b_b_asin_title
    No, the Dawson DPP suggested height is ~0.5" tall for the front sight for Glock MOS. They sell a set, but if you want a tritium front, it comes with the tritium rear. Likely will just have to buy the sights separately.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ed-dot-scopes/

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The youngest boy picked up a 19.5 MOS yesterday. He's already got a DPP and wants sights that cowitness so I said I'd ask around to see what he needs.

He is specifically looking for Ameriglo, front tritium, blacked out rear. I'm not seeing that combination on their website but I may be missing something. Does that combination exist or does he need to modify what he wants?

Thanks!

Its been awhile since I setup a Glock with a DPP, but IIRC a lower 1/3rd sight picture requires roughly a 0.480" front sight on a direct milled slide and 0.500" on a MOS slide. There are not a lot of options in that height range, especially if you want tritium.

Dawson is the only manufacturer that I am aware of with tritium sights that tall, as a set with both front/rear tritium Glock Gen5 G17/G19 MOS sights for DPP or you can buy a individual tritium front sight and an individual black MOS rear sight.

Ameriglo has serrated black sight sets in that range, 8XL and 9XL optics compatible sights.

Quote Originally Posted by zcap View Post
    Its been awhile since I setup a Glock with a DPP, but IIRC a lower 1/3rd sight picture requires roughly a 0.480" front sight on a direct milled slide and 0.500" on a MOS slide. There are not a lot of options in that height range, especially if you want tritium.

Dawson is the only manufacturer that I am aware of with tritium sights that tall, as a set with both front/rear tritium Glock Gen5 G17/G19 MOS sights for DPP or you can buy a individual tritium front sight and an individual black MOS rear sight.

Ameriglo has serrated black sight sets in that range, 8XL and 9XL optics compatible sights.
    Thanks, I'll pass that along to him!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

Thanks!

I'd strongly advise against any tritium or color on PMO BUIS. Get the Ameriglo GL-429 set. Saves money and does the needed job (which should not be needed if you have a quality optic).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I'd strongly advise against any tritium or color on PMO BUIS. Get the Ameriglo GL-429 set. Saves money and does the needed job (which should not be needed if you have a quality optic).
    I advised against tritium from the jump but he's...impulsive. Are the 429s tall enough to co-witness with the DPP? I suggested bottom third but he's insistent on absolute and I haven't been able to persuade him away from that yet.

He's bad about compulsively buying and selling. Lately I've been able to get him to the point where I can usually suggest something out of my safe to trade for instead of him continually taking a loss. If I wait long enough, he'll probably offer the 19.5 to me and then I'll put the proper sights on it for the next trade.

User Tag List