Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KSTG at the NRA 27-November-2012

We are diminished

KSTG at the NRA 27-November-2012

KSTG match
    Tuesday 27-November-2012
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 50-75
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Registration begins 9:00am on Monday 12-November. Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

This is the last KSTG Match of the year. One of the stages will be the Classifier.

Rule clarification: are SERPA holsters allowed? I don't see why not, per the rules, but I thought I'd ask. (I don't like them, but the only real holster I have for my J frame is a SERPA.)
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

We are diminished
    p4

I. Equipment
    D. Holsters, Magazine Pouches, and Miscellaneous Equipment Rules
    4. Safety: The competitor’s holster must completely enclose and protect the trigger of the pistol while holstered. The holster cannot require use of the trigger finger to disengage any safety or retention device (e.g., Blackhawk SERPA).

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    p4

I. Equipment
    D. Holsters, Magazine Pouches, and Miscellaneous Equipment Rules
    4. Safety: The competitor’s holster must completely enclose and protect the trigger of the pistol while holstered. The holster cannot require use of the trigger finger to disengage any safety or retention device (e.g., Blackhawk SERPA).
    Aha! I knew it was too good (I mean bad) to be true. I just realized I was looking at an earlier draft version of the rules, thanks.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

We are diminished
    I have a Ready-Tac aiwb for a j-frame you're welcome to try. Shoot me a PM and I'll mail it out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I have a Ready-Tac aiwb for a j-frame you're welcome to try. Shoot me a PM and I'll mail it out to you.
    Sweet, I appreciate that! PM inbound

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    ...the only real holster I have for my J frame is a SERPA...
    Waitwaitwait...did I read that correctly? I won't be alone in the wheel-gun class this time? WOOHOO!!!

Hmm, I guess that means I've gotta start practicing =)

We are diminished
    Two slots have opened up last minute: one at 5pm and one at 6pm.

Call 703-267-1402 if you are interested!

Thanks again to all for hosting an excellent match. For a short hour, tightly run as always, it still winds up being quite a bit of fun and well worth the time to test a few fundamental skillsets against the problems presented.

And given the hints about a potential 2013 "nationals"... fingers crossed that it comes off.

In the meantime, hope to see many of you out at Peacemaker come the 15th for Bill's IDPA match (weather permitting.)

Thanks again for another fun match! Shooting a FTN and not realizing it just might be the kick I need to get my act together for next year.

User Tag List