Thread: AIWB approved for use at Peacemaker National Training Center for IDPA matches

AIWB approved for use at Peacemaker National Training Center for IDPA matches

Just got email from Bill Davis, Match Director and he talked to the Owner and they are okay with AIWB for IDPA matches. That's the good news.

The bad news is that you won't be scored with the rest of the IDPA-legal shooters. But you will get your times and you can measure yourself against the others. You could also do your own scoring if more than one AIWB shooter..unofficially, of course.

This way you could shoot the COF and still get the enjoyment of the sport. (I don't know about you, but I will choose the 5sec penalty for non-threats instead of the 20s penalties of KSTG...up to you.)

If you have more questions, I suggest posting them here and I will make sure Bill gets this link.

Peacemaker is located in Gerrardstown, WV, about 1.5hrs from Fairfax, VA.
    http://peacemakernational.com/
    Register here: http://peacemakernational.com/ai1ec_...stance_id=2611

Hope to see you out there...I am sure you will get a second look on your concealment holsters, but I am sure you are used to it by now.

Cody

Thanks for taking the time to run that down Cody! Between this and maintaining the match listings thread you're doing a lot for local shooters, and it's appreciated. I've shot a couple USPSA matches out at Peacemaker from my AIWB rig, now I'll have to give IDPA a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to run that down Cody! Between this and maintaining the match listings thread you're doing a lot for local shooters, and it's appreciated. I've shot a couple USPSA matches out at Peacemaker from my AIWB rig, now I'll have to give IDPA a try.
    Thanks for the comment. I am convinced that IDPA has helped me to actually practice safety and actually develop my shooting skills and given me the confidence to know I can compete and defend myself, if needed. I see so many people who buy a handgun and don't take their training seriously enough to develop those skills.

I am now convinced that the training is way more important than the handgun itself. Just because you buy yourself a set of dental tools doesn't mean you can be a dentist.

So, promoting IDPA and shooting sports generally, improves our gun community skill levels, keeps us safer, and improves our image in society.

CC

We are diminished
    Thanks, CC! Bill mentioned this at the match Tuesday night. I'm glad he got it resolved so quickly.

The KSTG/AIWB/NRA crew needs to head over there en masse one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Thanks, CC! Bill mentioned this at the match Tuesday night. I'm glad he got it resolved so quickly.

The KSTG/AIWB/NRA crew needs to head over there en masse one of these days.
    I will be driving to the Dec 15 match. If anyone wants to rideshare, let me know.
    I plan on shooting the afternoon match, but will probably get there in the morning.
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I will be driving to the Dec 15 match. If anyone wants to rideshare, let me know.
    I plan on shooting the afternoon match, but will probably get there in the morning.
    Cody
    I shot the afternoon match. I heard some AIWB shooters may have shot the morning match....how did it go?
    Going back again?
    Thanks,
    Cody

Site Supporter
    I shot it from appendix, I was in the 8 am squad.

It went fine, I would go again, but it was a lot of driving.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

User Tag List