Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

Since I started hooking my index finger on the trigger guard, the shorter 19 grip no longer feels small, and I prefer the feel to the 17/45 grip. Really sold on the LTT grip anchor.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not gonna lie, I have wanted this set up for a LONG time.

But as others have noted, in the age of RDS, it is way late to the party.

The way I see things now, being able to get the different grip length/size, while having the same slide length, allows me to use the same holsters for multiple guns. For many, this wont matter, but with safariland duty gear that utilize a peg to secure the end of the barrel, slide length matters. With duty holsters costing over 100 a pop, having one slide length for several grip sizes makes sense. So I can have a 17/49 combo, or a 19/45 combo and not need as many duty holsters.

That is the only real advantage I see here.

My son already has a 19, and has 3 holsters. I can gift him a G45, and there is no need to have new holsters, but he will have a full size grip to start to use for competition.

(long time, no post. I still lurk, but have just been taking a break from some social media...)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are G17 grip people and there are G19 grip people.
    I fall in the middle. I prefer shooting g17 sized frames but carry a g19 for easier concealment. Every once in awhile I try to talk myself into carrying a g17 though. The struggle is real.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I fall in the middle. I prefer shooting g17 sized frames but carry a g19 for easier concealment. Every once in awhile I try to talk myself into carrying a g17 though. The struggle is real.
    IME People shoot one or the other better. Timers and targets don’t lie.

There is no middle.

There is no middle.
    I am FAR better and more comfortable with shooting the 17. But realistically the 19 is easier to hide. The Gen 5 is the first 19 I have remotely liked. Now that they have the smaller grip diameter, larger mag release button, no finger groves, etc... the 19 has finally become an option I would consider.

Of course, with that said, I find myself carrying a P365 90% of the time.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

There is no middle.
    I shoot the Gen3 17 significantly better than the Gen3 19

With the Gen4/Gen5, I shoot the G19 better than the 17/45.

Maybe people will shoot even moar left with this thing.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Face it, Glock could probably take any of their 9 mm pistols, make them in a different color, call that a new model and people would be lined up to buy them.
    They did exactly that, didn’t they? G19X > G45.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Not gonna lie, I have wanted this set up for a LONG time.

But as others have noted, in the age of RDS, it is way late to the party.

The way I see things now, being able to get the different grip length/size, while having the same slide length, allows me to use the same holsters for multiple guns. For many, this wont matter, but with safariland duty gear that utilize a peg to secure the end of the barrel, slide length matters. With duty holsters costing over 100 a pop, having one slide length for several grip sizes makes sense. So I can have a 17/49 combo, or a 19/45 combo and not need as many duty holsters.

That is the only real advantage I see here.

My son already has a 19, and has 3 holsters. I can gift him a G45, and there is no need to have new holsters, but he will have a full size grip to start to use for competition.

(long time, no post. I still lurk, but have just been taking a break from some social media...)
    G19X + G26 + G44, use mostly G19 size holsters for all, unless a particular situation is better with a G26 length holster for the G26. whenever I am tempted to get a G17 or G34, the cost/hassle of getting new holsters is part of why I haven’t so far.

Is this a 19 grip with a 19 hump or a 19 grip with a 17 hump? I guess Im wondering if this is the same as a cut down 17 or is it a long slide 19?

User Tag List