Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M855A1 Accuracy and Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Because it's reasonably sure to be stolen.
    And if you have a reasonable likelihood that something is stolen, you shouldn't buy it.
    And that'd make a lot more sense if M855A1 was being sold in large quantities, in factory packaging, by a known distributor like SGAmmo like the .50 APIT.

But it's not. It's being sold by random people on GunBroker, most in close proximity to military bases, in quantities not reflective of a commercial distribution, and not in factory packaging...sometimes even just sold as component projectiles which were obviously pulled from a cartridge. All indicative of fencing, with literally no indication or claim that it was procured through commercial channels.

If you want to find a reason to convince yourself instead of just coming to terms with the obvious, knock yourself out.
    I don’t know what your problem is, but the M855A1 that I tested did not come from GunBroker, was not stolen and was not obtained by any type of illegal means. Just because something isn’t available on the commercial market or doesn't come in commercial packaging, does not mean that it's impossible to obtain legally.

….
    Member of the General Population

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’m seeing videos of terrorists murder babies while toting M4s and M16s and Mexican drug cartel soldiers with AT-4s strapped to their backs. When the MFers that are responsible for those travesties are held accountable then I’ll clutch my pearls at the thought of some American shooting enthusiasts getting hold of a few rounds of M885A1.

Really appreciate your informative posts Molon.

However, I just want to point out that M855A1 has been a NATO Qualified ammunition design since 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf76 View Post

I just want to point out that M855A1 has been a NATO Qualified ammunition design since 2019.
    Thanks! Can you post a link for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Thanks! Can you post a link to an official document for that?

Hi Molon,

I got my information from a member of the NATO ammunition testing community. I'll send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf76 View Post
    Hi Molon,

I got my information from a member of the NATO ammunition testing community. I'll send you a PM.
    I appreciate it.

Site Supporter
    I don’t know what your problem is, but the M855A1 that I tested did not come from GunBroker, was not stolen and was not obtained by any type of illegal means. Just because something isn’t available on the commercial market or doesn't come in commercial packaging, does not mean that it's impossible to obtain legally.

….
    Not asking you to our your source or disclose your livelihood.

Your signature says “Member of the General Population” and your guns appear to be all personally owned (there’s a chance your signature is an obscure reference to some tongue-in-cheek way of saying you’re a citizen first or something - don’t know and don’t care. I appreciate your info).

I can see why TGS would deduce you’re not part of a .mil organization that has access (fairly limited scope of folks) and I don’t believe any LE is using M855A1.

Part of this site’s code of conduct indicates showing if you’re associated with some company and disclosing it. So, your signature suggests you’re not in the military or LE. Your membership here and lack of disclosure says you have no industry ties.

So, unless you are in the industry (which would have access potentially but you’d be violating code of conduct), military (which most would consider isn’t a member of the general population) or LE (which most would consider isn’t a member of the general population) then you got these through some loophole / avenue none of us are aware of. You could’ve been sent it for testing by legitimate military sources potentially but I don’t know how common that is (I’d assume not).

I dunno. Personally I think jetfire is to blame! I think he’s why can’t we have nice things?! I think jetfire’s trying to sort out if you’re in the industry and this is an easy way to figure out some stuff. ETA: Or he just likes to stir the pot for fun.

However, barring some secret squirrel 4th option - it’s pretty plain to me why guys would come to this conclusion.

I enjoy your posts don’t be alienated by this. But - it’d be like me showing up with a device only released to military folks.
    God Bless,

Brandon

[SIZE=4]I don’t know what your problem is.
    And I'm not sure what your problem is. We're just chatting.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    He was also that guy in school that reminded the teacher she forgot to assign homework.
    I legit laughed out loud at that.

And I’m sorry, because I didn’t mean to start a shitstorm. To be perfectly, I don’t care if someone has M855A1. And I’m certainly not going to narc on people who do. I’m just legitimately curious because I’ve been read the riot act so many times about it at my gov job.

And that'd make a lot more sense if M855A1 was being sold in large quantities, in factory packaging, by a known distributor like SGAmmo like the .50 APIT.

But it's not. It's being sold by random people on GunBroker, most in close proximity to military bases, in quantities not reflective of a commercial distribution, and not in factory packaging...sometimes even just sold as component projectiles which were obviously pulled from a cartridge. All indicative of fencing, with literally no indication or claim that it was procured through commercial channels.

If you want to find a reason to convince yourself instead of just coming to terms with the obvious, knock yourself out.
    Sorry, I don't have it anymore. I shot it.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List