Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sling/Fanny pack for CCW hiking and mountain biking?

Those toes...would not bang.

So bought the Kelty. I've attached some pics for reference. The green is more OD Green than apple green on their site. Overall I like it a lot and think it'll be perfect for mtb rides, hikes, and trail runs. I used a holster from my LAPG fanny pack and ordered another off Amazon by Maxpedition which is identical. As far as pockets go, the phone sleeve on the side is worthless as it's too small--maybe an iPhone 4 or 5 will fit in it--use it for holding a granola bar... The waist strap is short. I'm a 32-34 and it'll fit a 36 at most. The sling strap has lots of length though. I'll probably put a TQ in the slash front pocket. The long main pocket has a few dividers, maybe good for a pen, snack, small knife or multitool. As far as unzipping for a draw, it's not going to be as fast as IWB as the zipper is on the same side as my draw (r/h) but it'll be ok. I'm going to remove the pull cord on the upper half of the pistol pocket's zipper. This should help eliminate any confusion on what to pull. I might even replace the pull side one with blaze orange 550 cord. Anyway, hope this helps if you're considering this sling. Much thanks for all the input. I also might buy a Hill People waist pack for larger load out.

Name:  IMG_3118.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  33.9 KBName:  IMG_3117.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  100.7 KBName:  IMG_3112.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  37.0 KBName:  IMG_3115.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  91.6 KBName:  IMG_3116.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  53.8 KB

User Tag List