Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tenicor heavy Zero belt

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My Zero belt never had much rigidity. I found it had to be uncomfortably tight to support even a Glock 26 AIWB. It was the worst gun belt I have ever tried--for me that is. (Obviously a lot of people like it.)
    It's funny how different people are. I wish my Zero belt were even more flexible.

I find the 'rigid gun belt' advice to be perhaps the worst I ever received about firearms outside of Joe Biden home defense tips. It took me many years of discomfort to realize this. I have become a bit of a carry minimalist, but even with a G19 type gun, I think the Zero is stiffer than I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    What are you guys carrying where you need such stiff belts? I like many started out with Ranger belts then went to wilderness 3 stitch. The less stiff belts work better.

Picked up a Zero underbelt a few weeks ago, perfect for AIWB with a 43x upto a G34.
    I am not sure the Zero Heavy could be considered "such stiff" belts as it has been stated that it only slightly stiffer than the original which is not stiff at all.

Personally, I'm trying to find something to aid the gun not flop out over the belt line so much. I'm using a JM George holster on its lowest setting and also playing with different cushions, wedges, pillows, as well. I was curious to see if a slightly stiffer belt would help with my particular problem. What's your current setup?

I prefer to wear my belts fairly loose. If the belt is rigid vertically, that works. Vertical rigidity often requires horizontal stiffness too, and a thick belt. The Swift CSM solves that problem with a polymer insert.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I am not sure the Zero Heavy could be considered "such stiff" belts as it has been stated that it only slightly stiffer than the original which is not stiff at all.

Personally, I'm trying to find something to aid the gun not flop out over the belt line so much. I'm using a JM George holster on its lowest setting and also playing with different cushions, wedges, pillows, as well. I was curious to see if a slightly stiffer belt would help with my particular problem. What's your current setup?
    Lightweight. I don't even carry a fixed blade anymore. Literally just a 43x in a tenicore holster. The built in wedge prevents the flipping out sensation you'd normally get with a short gun like that.

I also have used it around the house and at the range with a G34 in one of Dark Star Gears original AIWB holsters. It's sort of like a shaggy clone. I've found for AIWB I just need vertical rigidity. The tactical hola hoops made the guns print more.

I went with the inner belt one just so I could use my overbelts with it too. I clip the gun on the non-covered section.

User Tag List