Thread: Tavor TS12 - friendly shotgun class?

Tavor TS12 - friendly shotgun class?

Does anyone know a good shotgun class where the Tavor TS12 is not out of place with its unusual manual of arms?

Quote Originally Posted by voyager3 View Post
    Does anyone know a good shotgun class where the Tavor TS12 is not out of place with its unusual manual of arms?
    I know they’ve had them at Gunsite for 260, maybe @Erick Gelhaus can comment.

I had a student come through with one, one. After a few issues with ensuring all magazine tubes were cleared, he continued the class with another shotgun. I wouldn't be opposed to it though.

We've had one come through class. Same deal, it's kind of pain to verify all the tubes are clear at the end of every drill, and having the tube rotation latch inside the trigger guard gives me the M1/M14 twitchies. It can be done, and done safely, but it's more involved and more demanding than a more conventional shotgun and might have some interesting/annoying permutations on common drills (such as load-and-shoot, topping off, slug-select, etc).

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It can be done, and done safely, but it's more involved and more demanding than a more conventional shotgun and might have some interesting/annoying permutations on common drills (such as load-and-shoot, topping off, slug-select, etc).
    Recognizing that you're an expert and I'm not, I'd question whether most common Drills even make much sense for the TS12. I mean, with 16 rounds on tap is there any realistic scenario that would involve running it dry? It seams to me that a set of TS12 specific drills would be the most effective way to train with that anomaly but we all know a TS12 Class isn't about to happen.

User Tag List