Thread: Remington M887 Nitro Mag Tactical?

Remington M887 Nitro Mag Tactical?

Never heard of these until a couple popped up in my shotgun searches. Were they halfway decent but unloved because they look weird and apparently don't use 870 parts or were they steaming piles of crap typical of Freedom Group era Remington?

Name:  m887.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  31.6 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Looks like they tried to copy the Benelli Nova/SuperNova.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Looks like they tried to copy the Benelli Nova/SuperNova.
    I've seen that cited as part of the reason they were discontinued. Too much similarity supposedly had an effect on sales.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If I recall there was an issue with them where the metal would corrode under the polymer coating. But that might have been a different shotgun I am thinking of.

The one 12 year old video I watched didn’t have very many complimentary things to say about it. Especially compared to an 870 Tactical of the same era.

I’d say it falls into the “uncommon guns are uncommon for a reason” category.

It's a decent shotgun, but offers very little that you can't get with an 870 or a Mossberg 500/590. There were never any readily available accessories such as extended mag tubes, so that slanted favor even more toward 870 or 500/590.

User Tag List