Thread: Polls...True Story

Polls...True Story

I've been waiting for it, and finally got the call tonight on the landline for the Associated Press poll. Female poll taker sounds like she couldn't get a job anywhere else...diction, politeness, etc...pretty obvious she is getting paid minimum wage. She even sounds like she has a face full of metal and smells of petuli oil.

I play the game. Paraphrased exchange:

Q. How likely are you to vote? Me - Definitely voting.

Q. Are you going to vote early or on Nov 6? Me - Voting on Nov 6 (as it should be). To which I think I hear, "That's OK too."

Q. Who are you voting for? Me - I couldn't resist my demon, so I say "Barack Hussein Obama." Then I hear her say, "Yay". She starts to ask the next question about the senate race but I stop her. "Did I just hear you say 'Yay'?" She said yes, that is what she said.

I couldn't play the game any longer, told her we were done, and hung up.

Going back to getting ready for the purge.

There is only one poll that matters, and that's the one happening this Tuesday. Also remember, it is not enough to win by the margin of error anymore, we have to win by the margin of litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    There is only one poll that matters, and that's the one happening this Tuesday. Also remember, it is not enough to win by the margin of error anymore, we have to win by the margin of litigation.
    True story.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by smithjd View Post
    I've been waiting for it, and finally got the call tonight on the landline for the Associated Press poll. Female poll taker sounds like she couldn't get a job anywhere else...diction, politeness, etc...pretty obvious she is getting paid minimum wage. She even sounds like she has a face full of metal and smells of petuli oil.

I play the game. Paraphrased exchange:

Q. How likely are you to vote? Me - Definitely voting.

Q. Are you going to vote early or on Nov 6? Me - Voting on Nov 6 (as it should be). To which I think I hear, "That's OK too."

Q. Who are you voting for? Me - I couldn't resist my demon, so I say "Barack Hussein Obama." Then I hear her say, "Yay". She starts to ask the next question about the senate race but I stop her. "Did I just hear you say 'Yay'?" She said yes, that is what she said.

I couldn't play the game any longer, told her we were done, and hung up.

Going back to getting ready for the purge.
    Great anecdote. Amazing. I think the polls are off based on their sample composition and I've got some aggressive side bets on it . We shall see.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

One of the phone polls I took didn't know who Gary Johnson is. I was asked whether I was voting for Obama or Romney, and when I told them "neither" the gal said, "So you won't be voting".

I told her, "That's not correct. I am voting for Gary Johnson."

To which she replied, "Oh no sir, I am asking about the *Presidential* election on November 6".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    One of the phone polls I took didn't know who Gary Johnson is. I was asked whether I was voting for Obama or Romney, and when I told them "neither" the gal said, "So you won't be voting".

I told her, "That's not correct. I am voting for Gary Johnson."

To which she replied, "Oh no sir, I am asking about the *Presidential* election on November 6".
    Like it or not, she was more right than you probably care to admit.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Like it or not, she was more right than you probably care to admit.
    I don't think anybody voting for a third party candidate expects them to win.

Dreamers hope that the major parties that lost will look at the percentage of votes that went to various third parties and wonder "What could we change about our positions to capture those votes?"

Realists know that the major parties that lost will point fingers at third party voters for the next four years and scream "This is all your fault!" Whether it's Republicans going after Libertarians or Democrats slamming Greens, that's pretty much how it always works...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I don't think anybody voting for a third party candidate expects them to win.

Dreamers hope that the major parties that lost will look at the percentage of votes that went to various third parties and wonder "What could we change about our positions to capture those votes?"

Realists know that the major parties that lost will point fingers at third party voters for the next four years and scream "This is all your fault!" Whether it's Republicans going after Libertarians or Democrats slamming Greens, that's pretty much how it always works...
    I don't know, I feel like the Democrats have moved more toward the Green party in terms of eco-policy at least, since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    I don't know, I feel like the Democrats have moved more toward the Green party in terms of eco-policy at least, since 2000.
    More like the "Watermelon Party".... green on the outside, red on the inside.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    Eh, to an extent.

Still, Lefty web forums all through the Dubya years were one long $#!+storm against Nader and the Greens for acting as "spoilers" in the '00 campaign, to say nothing of what happens if someone mentions being a big-"L" Libertarian in conservative spaces and gets Ross Perot immediately hung 'round their neck (this despite the fact that Marrou was the Libertarian candidate in '02...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List