Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Now Being Sued - Allegedly Not a Valid Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd93140 View Post
    These problems are definitely not new to shooting sports organizations, check the history over the last 60 years and you will find out they have come and gone, more because of funds that anything else.

I think Ben gives a positive influence on things most ways, with it's all about the shooting.

But, we will have to see what happens in the future, just never heard of a person getting banned for life because of a opinion, that's new to me.
    I have heard of people being banned from organizations for being unprofessional and calling people fucking assholes repeatedly, though.

There’s a difference between voicing an opinion and being willfully inflammatory.

Which is why Ben was banned from Pistol Forum back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I have heard of people being banned from organizations for being unprofessional and calling people fucking assholes repeatedly, though.

There’s a difference between voicing an opinion and being willfully inflammatory.

Which is why Ben was banned from Pistol Forum back in the day.

I have shot matches with a great many jerks over my lifetime, but never had one banned for using that language, but I probably never noticed ether being a retired sailor, that language is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd93140 View Post
    I have shot matches with a great many jerks over my lifetime, but never had one banned for using that language, but I probably never noticed ether being a retired sailor, that language is normal.
    There’s a difference between swearing and swearing at someone and making public domain videos ranting about people using that language.

It’s not that people can’t curse.

It’s that if you publish videos to prove (in your mind) why specific people are fucking idiots…. and telling them that they’re a waste of human tissue… it’s going to have some repercussions.

I don’t think you could do that regarding Bill and Joyce Wilson and not expect to be banned from IDPA.

I’ve seen such things happen on the IDPA forums when people had attitude or thought their personal contributions to the sport protected them from acting like jackasses regarding the sport (it didn’t).

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I don’t think you could do that regarding Bill and Joyce Wilson and not expect to be banned from IDPA.
    IDPA is a for-profit company, and can do anything they want with membership and rules. USPSA is a non-profit supporting a sport. I absolutely do not think criticizing the organization should be grounds for banning from competition.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Critical views of an organization are indeed often protected speech when based upon verified evidence and facts.

Innuendo, rumors, personal attacks on individuals and unverified accusations are on thinner ice at best.

What Ben and his colleagues often offer is a mix of the two, tainting the overall approach. There’s nothing that could not be accomplished to improve the overall structure by taking the high road. He and his followers have made a choice not to, and they stain their credibility and reputation for some observers by their own methods.

I don't know what Ben's vision for USPSA is. I know that he wants a better governing body and a better process of governing perhaps, but that's not a vision.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't know what Ben's vision for USPSA is. I know that he wants a better governing body and a better process of governing perhaps, but that's not a vision.
    It is far easier to say what is wrong with an organization than to describe how it should be run, and why that is better. Board bad, conflicts of interest bad, poor corporate housekeeping bad, flashlights and wayward holsters bad -- not sure what he thinks is right. He certainly can't point to his history as indicative of forming consensus and managing successfully.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is it reasonable to ask, who elected this "professional council"? And who decides who is "competent management"?

Am I out of line questioning this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Is it reasonable to ask, who elected this "professional council"? And who decides who is "competent management"?

Am I out of line questioning this?
    You’re not out of line.

Plus, who’s to say that competent people would want the job?

Maybe the people that “qualify” in their book… have real day jobs and don’t want to deal with that kind of BS voluntarily….

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Board bad, conflicts of interest bad, poor corporate housekeeping bad, flashlights and wayward holsters bad -- not sure what he thinks is right.
    9 oz brass grips on 46 oz Shadow is alright.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List