Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 500/503 errors, site inaccessible due to slow loading

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Please don’t ban me, but the 100+ other sites I visit work with any DNS settings I use. (Please reread the first 4 words of this post).
    Same here.

Site Supporter
    Please don’t ban me, but the 100+ other sites I visit work with any DNS settings I use. (Please reread the first 4 words of this post).
    I can't explain the issues with the old site/server.... but...

The other 100+ sites you;re visiting very likely have the same IP today that they had last week... so... if the new P-F is having a DNS propagation issue, comparing to other sites is not a good comparison...

FWIW.... Haven't had any issues with P-F since switching to Google DNS on Sunday...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I can't explain the issues with the old site/server.... but...

The other 100+ sites you;re visiting very likely have the same IP today that they had last week... so... if the new P-F is having a DNS propagation issue, comparing to other sites is not a good comparison...

FWIW.... Haven't had any issues with P-F since switching to Google DNS on Sunday...

Nor have I had any issues since first mentioning the switch from OpenDNS to Google DNS

We tried to get the word out, B. Nothing more to be done on that score, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I don’t care, just trying to get them fix it. Do you have data backing up your hypothesis? I’m serious, I don’t think it’s DNS, I think it’s firewall or routing.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don’t care, just trying to get them fix it. Do you have data backing up your hypothesis? I’m serious, I don’t think it’s DNS, I think it’s firewall or routing.
    FWIW, since the upgrade mine is thrashing between reasonably quick and totally inaccessible with DNS errors, connection timeouts, and connection aborted errors. It switches between good and bad in minutes of each other. May be the techs working on the site, maybe something else. DNS could certainly be part of it but likely not all of it.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

About all anyone can do is keep giving feedback until it gets fixed.

Thanks for your efforts LL.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

For the first time in the days since I swapped DNS servers, this site is extremely difficult to access and post on...taking inordinate amounts of time for any activity.

As of the time of this post...snappy...but a moment earlier I was waiting five minutes to get on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    As of the time of this post...snappy...but a moment earlier I was waiting five minutes to get on.
    It worked well for me earlier this morning and is working now, but was back to gateway error and 503 stuff in the interim.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Yesterday worked fine, but multiple “Page Failed to Load” messages this morning.

User Tag List