Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Practical Competition Shooting League (2023)

I would be happy to shoot a match, but I imagine it'll take a while before it gets to Louisiana. I have the local USPSA club-they're unlikely to change, there's a outlaw club a couple of hours away with some great people, there's an outlaw two-gun match about the same distance away in the opposite direction that I've shot before and will shoot again once it cools off a bit, and I'm starting to train for PRS/NRL- so while I'd welcome the opportunity to shoot a PCSL match, and I do think the timing is right for an experienced team to create a new action shooting sport, I feel like I'll probably have to wait a while to give it a try.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

The thing that concerns me about the "one shot to the K zone" is the likelihood that people will fire one shot then peer at the target to see if they hit the K. I have seen it happen, there is a local outlaw match requiring two A hits to neutralize and there is a lot of peering going on.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The thing that concerns me about the "one shot to the K zone" is the likelihood that people will fire one shot then peer at the target to see if they hit the K. I have seen it happen, there is a local outlaw match requiring two A hits to neutralize and there is a lot of peering going on.
    They'll get over that habit if they want to win.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yeah, and some people listen/watch for steel, in USPSA. It's costs them time. The guys at the top of the pack know they have to call the shot and either move on, or shoot a make up, based on the sight(s). I am trying to call my shots 100% of the time, but like lots of stuff in shooting, "its simple, but not easy."

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    They'll get over that habit if they want to win.
    Agree. It’s the same thing as looking at IDPA targets to see if you’re -0 and taking make up shots after.

It only works if the competition is stinky.

Right, but I am not talking about what We Experts do, I am talking about what John Q Public does and this is a setup that encourages it.

Right, but I am not talking about what We Experts do, I am talking about what John Q Public does and this is a setup that encourages it.
    Again, how’s that different from the other games? If people can’t call their shots based on the sights and they want two A or -0 hits, they still have to look at the target. This doesn’t encourage the idea any more than USPSA or IDPA do.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Again, how’s that different from the other games?
    It is the difference between one and two shots.
    John Q is going to be tempted to try for that one K and then look for it, losing the advantage of a one hit win; where he might be learning to fire twice at a USPSA or IDPA and move on.

GADPA had a complicated target with different areas and different numbers of hits that struck me the same way. I see they have gone back to IDPA, though.

John Q is going to be tempted to try for that one K and then look for it, losing the advantage of a one hit win; where he might be learning to fire twice at a USPSA or IDPA and move on.
    Sorry, but that makes no sense. The same person who would be tempted to look at the target, to ensure they got max points, will do it whether its one shot to a "K", two to an " A", or two to a "-0."

If you want them to "learn" something, they need to learn how to know if the shot is good as soon as it breaks, not "spray and pray" two, and drive on.

GADPA had a complicated target with different areas and different numbers of hits that struck me the same way. I see they have gone back to IDPA, though.
    Honestly that’s been the main reason I’ve stayed away from PCSL.

It’s a different programming from what I’m used to and it’s not necessarily based off what would actually happen so it winds up being a particular game specific method for me.

It would take a lot for me to switch. Regardless of leadership, I still really like the USPSA and IDPA products (and people).

I identify more with USPSA and IDPA than 3 gunners in general.

User Tag List