Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian F-1 5.56mm ammo

Australian F-1 5.56mm ammo

Does anyone have any data points on this ammunition? I'm wondering how it'll perform in a DI system, as the Aussies issue an AUG variant. Thanks.

Don't know squat about that ammo.

But the SAS/SBS guys use M4's...............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

So you're saying I should order some to test out?

You can have it sent here while you are out. I'll give it a good once over for you, and give you what's left once you get back.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Does anyone have any data points on this ammunition? I'm wondering how it'll perform in a DI system, as the Aussies issue an AUG variant. Thanks.
    same question was posted on Jason Falla's facebook page. he says it is good to go

Site Supporter
    It's pretty good ammo except in Au we can't buy surplus ammo from our own military all surplus ammunition is sold overseas. (Deal Au goberment did with ADI)

If you can get it at a good price grab as much as you can.

ADI also make very good 7.62x51 ammo.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    One of my greatest gun related regrets was not buying more cases of their 7.62 that was super cheap about 10 years ago.

I know not the 556 in question, but the Aussie L1A1 spec 7.62 is the most accurate military surplus 7.62 ammo I have ever shot and chugs along quite happily in my M14 pattern rifles. Based on my experience here, I wouldn't hesitate a second to pick up their 556 ammo. Prices look about in line with XM855. Too bad I'm tapped out for the year.

Talking about this stuff Fred? If so, then yes, it's good to go. It's basically our Lake City green tip ammo. ADI is the Lake City of Australia. When the F1 ammo comes in plastic like this, it is considered their training ammo. When you see F1 ammo come on stripper clips, it's considered operational ammo. I've shot at least 2500rds of this through between my SBR with and without can and 16in midlength AR15s

Last edited by C45P312; 11-05-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    But the SAS/SBS guys use M4's...............
    I don't think Aussie military has SBS? Tried to do a search and all I found was the TV Network lol

Yup- that's the stuff. Ordered a 900 rd can.

User Tag List