Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to you handle this situation

Very hypothetical without more information

They survived so that is a win

Seems like there is something else going on
    Last edited by Navin Johnson; 08-06-2023 at 05:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Engaging ones vehicle against another without raking into consideration if you are doing it incorrectly. Might make the airbags go off depending on year make model. Something to think about.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Engaging ones vehicle against another without raking into consideration if you are doing it incorrectly. Might make the airbags go off depending on year make model. Something to think about.
    Or engage the automatic ignition shutoff that a lot of cars have now-days.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yea that as well.

Or the inertial fuel pump cutoff switch if its a Ford. 1st hand knowledge on that one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Or the inertial fuel pump cutoff switch if its a Ford. 1st hand knowledge on that one.
    Yeah. Those switches….

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    If one does not know what they are doing, and is not trained to deal with those issues, then yes, that is a likelihood. However, there are techniques to overcome such issues and push blocking vehicles out of the way, as well as vehicles that may box you in on the road. This has been taught for years for guys that have done work overseas. I have pushed vehicles out of my way when things looked like they were going to get ugly. Example: Like when an Iraqi in an elevated position swung a DsHK heavy machine gun (bigger than a .50 cal) around on us at a checkpoint and was pointing it directly at us. We were basically in a funnel and I was not going to be at their mercy, so I pushed the vehicle in front of me all the way down the funnel until we were through, and we got out of there. The airbags did not deploy.

Side note. The dudes in the truck in front of us were absolutely shitting themselves as it was the last thing they were expecting, since I was gaining some serious speed pushing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    ...so I pushed the vehicle in front of me all the way down the funnel until we were through, and we got out of there. The airbags did not deploy.
    So, in a case like that; would you slowly move forward and lock bumpers with the vehicle in front of you and only then step on the accelerator or would you build up some speed before hitting the bumper of the vehicle in front of you?

A few thoughts:

1) Our egos tell us we can Jason Bourne our way out of any situation. This probably isn’t one of them. Giving up your wallet, cell phone etc is probably the smart move. An attempt to rape your wife in front of you or move you to a secondary crime scene is probably your cue to die loudly.

2) one of the reasons we train with firearms is so we do as little discovery learning as possible in a gun fight. If you have zero training on crash and bang driving, the middle of a for realsies four-on-one robbery is not the time to do discovery learning.

3) If you have been to crash and bang school, some of what you know may be outdated. Anti lock brakes were the new hotness when my uncle sent me to four glorious days of spinning out Crown Vics. Last week, I deliberately tried to run into a cardboard box with our new Toyota and the car literally took over and braked the car the car to a stop before impact. My understanding is that many stability control systems won’t allow a j-turn, not that I have any business doing a j-turn because I haven’t practiced one in ten years.

3) Again, I assert that your average armed citizen in this country would be far better served leaning on the skillsets of intelligence officers moving under non-official cover, or under cover (not plain clothes) cops, than leaning on the skillsets of jocked up, carbine carrying, plate carrier wearing pipe hitters.

4) I’m super interested in what Southnarc has to say.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    A few thoughts:

3) Again, I assert that your average armed citizen in this country would be far better served leaning on the skillsets of intelligence officers moving under non-official cover, or under cover (not plain clothes) cops, than leaning on the skillsets of jocked up, carbine carrying, plate carrier wearing pipe hitters.
    This 100%.

Something I tell people in my life: “if you are truly interested in self defense and keeping yourself and your family safe, forget taking that fifth firearm class and go take an executive protection class over a weekend or at least read a book on it and then modify the lessons to fit your life and situations.”

An executive protection/close protection dude who has experience doing solo protection work can teach people more about keeping safe than the vast majority of high speed tactical ninjas can.

User Tag List