Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I am liking it and am interested in the hybrid engine. I live in the west and we have lots of distance between stops. A good hybrid could extend the range and lower fuel costs.

I just bought my wife a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco and it is crazy fun and capable but guzzles the gas.

Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

When I think LC...this is it! It is indestructible. Pure romanticism. P.S. the dude sitting there replaced my spotting scope and tripod.

For anyone who doesn't like the hybrid, please direct your ire towards the EPA and updated CAFE standards.

I’m not giving up my 4Runner to buy a hybrid. The LC’s new motor seems impressive enough with out adding batteries to the mix.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Looks like a 4Runner's daddy.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

What is interesting, is if this new product was called 4Runner instead of LC, I would have believed it. Now makes me wonder what the new 4Runner will look like. Seems like this power plant will be universal now for many Toyota products.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I like it. I am interested in seeing what the mileage will be with the hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I like it. I am interested in seeing what the mileage will be with the hybrid.
    We just sold our 2020 4Runner TRD Pro and it was a 15-18 mpg rig depending upon how you were driving. The six speed transmission was terrible on the highway around 80, as it was constantly hunting between gears.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have 5 trouble free years in a 17 year old v6/dual-motor hybrid all wheel drive Highlander. All I’ve ever had to do was basic maintenance. Mileage tends better on highway than the smaller hybrids; the electric motors work most at low speed and at cruise speeds, and provide a lot more torque when accelerating. I get 18 city/24-25 highway.

Other than the battery submersion issue mentioned above, I would heartily endorse this development.
    (And frankly, if you’re in water deep enough to submerge the floor pan, you might be exceeding design specs.)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I think a true off-road hybrid is a great option for people who actually get off the road and camp a lot. An AC inverter and the ability to run heat/ac over extended periods while the engine cycles on/off intelligently sounds quite useful to me.

Also, those electric motors could probably provide some uniquely controlled low end torque for crawling if they had dedicated modes for it.

I personally think a (short range) EV golf cart silent mode would be quite neat as well.

User Tag List